• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wearing make-up when skiing

skisenyc

Certified Ski Diva
I don’t remember the last time I left the house without mascara or concealer. Lancôme mascara is my favorite. I don’t use waterproof. if I get a gray shade under my eyes, I wipe it off with some lip balm and a tissue. (My macgyver trick. Haha)

Judging others on their cosmetic use (make up or surgical) or lack thereof has more to do with the Judging person’s personal shortcomings than the judged person’s cosmetic use.

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
I have tried wearing a Skida Nordic hat under my helmet, but my head must be really small bc the hat hangs down too low on me. I was thinking about contacting them to see if they do custom sizes bc I’m a bit obsessed with their hats!

I wear an unlined beanie (usually Skida Nordic) under my helmet. It keeps me warmer and also looks cute when I take my helmet off - plus it hides helmet hair!

newboots

Angel Diva
I have tried wearing a Skida Nordic hat under my helmet, but my head must be really small bc the hat hangs down too low on me. I was thinking about contacting them to see if they do custom sizes bc I’m a bit obsessed with their hats!

Try looking at kids’ hats. They make some great designs in mittens (ski). Most of the hats seem to have ears, horns, manes, or braids on them, but perhaps you can find something lovely (and not too “fun”) to wear.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@SnowSeeker I take a turtlefur light or mid weight tube and cut about 3.5 inches off the bottom (they are too long any way) and wear it as s headband under my helmet. I do the same with a thin buff for under my bike helmet.

mustski

Angel Diva
If you color your hair, the damage will happen. I’ve been completely grey since my mid 30s. At one point, I had so much damage that I had bald spots and had to wear wigs for about a year. Have your stylist switch to Redkin Shades EQ. It’s a temporary color but lasts 8 weeks no problem. I also have her add the clear shine between colors where I just do roots. It’s an amazing conditioner. Nioxin shampoo is great for removing impurities from the hair follicles and hair grows in stronger. My hair is better now at 60 than it was when I was 30 and I get zero breakage.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Skida makes a Children’s size, but there is variation in size in the regular one as well. I actually like them to fit longer and sit lower on my ears, but the new one I got for Xmas is a bit shorter than I prefer.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I figured out what the Skida fabric is - the inside is exactly like the super soft fabric used on those (dumb, sorry) LulaRoe leggings every stay-at-home-mom wore in 2017. It's deliciously soft, and explains the patterns Skida is able to print!

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
I always wear a full-face makeup when skiing (not to be confused with fake lashes and cateyes - not at all) and also to the gym.
Anywhere where I need to either look at myself in the mirror for a prolonged time, or where I might like to take some selfies with my kids.

I look pretty washed out without it and I'm also not that fotogenic. The makeup helps with both issues and I feel a lot more confident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly