• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

We have cover art!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you know I've been shamelessly promoting my husband's book, Finn, which will be published by Random House at the end of February, '07 (Can you blame me? Anyway, THAT'S why I'm not going skiing out west this year!).

Anyway, we just got the cover art, and I think it's pretty cool, don't you?

FinnCoverE.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We'll have to see what we can do.....:smile:

By the way, there'll be a national book tour beginning in March. I'll keep you posted.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Channeling my hippy self, Outta sight, man! :cool:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That cover is amazing!
I am not much of a book worm, but I'll read this one.
We can say we knew you when!:smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
dburdenbates.........cool avatar!
Tcarey.........get with it! We need to get you an avatar!

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot said:
dburdenbates.........cool avatar!
Tcarey.........get with it! We need to get you an avatar!
Thanks, Snowhot. I actually took that photo a couple of years ago when I went to Zermatt to ski. :cool:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's beautiful. So is the book about Hucklebury Finn? Or something else? Is this fiction or literary criticism?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
liquidfeet said:
It's beautiful. So is the book about Hucklebury Finn? Or something else? Is this fiction or literary criticism?

The book is literary fiction, and Random House says it's going to be major book for the Spring '07. Which is VERY exciting. So you'll be seeing it everywhere -- on the front tables at Borders and Barnes & Noble, maybe even Costco.

Basically, it's the story of Huckleberry Finn's father. However, you don't need to know anything about HF to read it; it stands entirely alone. It's about racism, madness, alcoholism, slavery, dysfunctional relationships. love, murder, greed, & disillusionment. It's very dark and very powerful. And I must say, it's beautifully written (really). Picture Cormac McCarthy meet William Faulkner.

As you can guess, I am VERY proud of my sweetie for this book. He wrote five others before this one, and this is the first he managed to get published. He wrote every day -- every morning before work and every evening after work -- for 10 years. And he never gave up, even after being turned down over and over again (for the previous five). If that isn't a lesson in tenacity and courage (or just plain stubborness), I don't know what is.

Trust me -- you're gonna love this book.

Jilly

Staff member
Already checked out Chapters-Indigo books here in Canada and its listed as coming out. Sounds like good reading!!

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations! What an inspiration! Is Muff Potter in the book? ;)

I'll be sure to buy one and read it. Twain is a favorite of mine. When is the movie coming out!?:D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, the movie rights are for sale now. So who knows? It could actually happen!

Bonni

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm saving March 30 to come to Manchester for an autographed copy of this anxiously awaited book! See you there!:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna