• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Waterman's Paddle for Humanity Race, Washington, DC

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
After falling in love with paddle boarding and purchasing a race board this summer, I decided to try racing. My first race was the Hui He'e Nalu Race on the north shore of Oahu July 4. With 3-6 foot ocean swells, it was quite challenging but one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had.

After returning home to the East Coast, I started training hard to prepare for the Waterman's Paddle for Humanity in Washington, DC, August 25. I entered the 5K race which circled Teddy Roosevelt Island in the Potomac.

This time I paddled hard. With over 100 racers in the 5K, the water was chaotic and we were bumping boards. After a mile I finally relaxed and went as hard as I could. I ended up first in my age division (40-49) and fourth overall among all the women racers. I was stoked.

I met the most awesome people from up and down the East Coast, the race was challenging but fun, and the atmosphere was relaxed. One of the best things was meeting Pequenita!
Steph.jpg

Pequenita and me!
start_line.jpg

Waiting at the start line. There were 101 people in the 5K race.
raceboard.jpg

With my beloved race board after the race.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I had known you were going to be there. I could have cheered from the sidelines!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats! And how did you and Pequenita know to wear the same colors?

We called each other the night before to plan our outfits. That is hilarious. I didn't even realize it until I saw the photo!

Actually, she's wearing a dark purple Athleta skort on the bottom. I am in a pair of black Lululemon run speed shorts. Also, just so you all know, vanhoskier is standing in a ditch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna