• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Watching the World Cup races

teppaz

Angel Diva
I also grew up watching the races on TV (in France, in my case) and I also enjoy Super G the best. The mix of technical turns and crazy daredevilry is just perfect for my taste.

Although there's something to be said about the suspense in the last 10 in a slalom or GS second run, especially if the times are tight.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also grew up watching the races on TV (in France, in my case) and I also enjoy Super G the best. The mix of technical turns and crazy daredevilry is just perfect for my taste.

Although there's something to be said about the suspense in the last 10 in a slalom or GS second run, especially if the times are tight.
Êtes-vous né en France ? Quand j'étais jeune, mes parents avaient un gite près de Nice, c'est mon plus grand regret de ne pas avoir appris à mieux parler français - c'est beaucoup plus difficile à apprendre quand on est adulte !

I found a way to stream Eurosport! Finally can watch some live skiing (I'm fairly technologically inept so the whole VPN thing is an achievement for me).

teppaz

Angel Diva
Êtes-vous né en France ? Quand j'étais jeune, mes parents avaient un gite près de Nice, c'est mon plus grand regret de ne pas avoir appris à mieux parler français - c'est beaucoup plus difficile à apprendre quand on est adulte !

I found a way to stream Eurosport! Finally can watch some live skiing (I'm fairly technologically inept so the whole VPN thing is an achievement for me).
Oui je suis française but living in the United States.

teppaz

Angel Diva
So psyched about Goggia's threepeat in Lake Louise!

I'm already dreading the narrative that NBC, which looooooves this kind of stuff, is sure to spin ad nauseam during the Olympics: the Shiffrin-Kilde relationship. The announcers mentioned Shiffrin every time Kilde was on snow in Beaver Creek. We can only brace for more.

Christy

Angel Diva
After Saturday's Super G I thought that no one would be able to beat Lara going forward, unless Sofia did (or hurt herself trying). Her skiing was so heads and tails better than anyone else. Sunday was a real surprise. I can't believe Lara skied away from that crash. It looked awful.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Yeah, it looked bad. There were a few crashes and I’m surprised nobody got badly injured. Or the day before, when the visibility was really poor.
Interesting to see that Vlhova, who entered every race last season, is focusing on tech now. I’m not sure who could stop Shiffrin from getting the overall, she’s scoring in so many disciplines.

Christy

Angel Diva
Yes, the broadcasters said she is focused on the Olympics rather than the overall, which makes sense. I have to think Olympic medals are more meaningful to Slovakia/Slovakians than another overall title, and it certainly puts her on the radar globally in a way the overall doesn't.

Christy

Angel Diva
Last night was so exciting! If anyone needs a short break this is fun to watch. It was questionable, after the first run, whether Mikaela would even be on the podium, then she ends up not only winning but breaking the all time record for most wins in any discipline (47, she did it in slalom, breaking Ingmar Stenmark's record).

teppaz

Angel Diva
It was a fantastic race, too: amazing suspense until the last tenth of a second!

Also during that race: Ali Nullmeyer and Camille Rast confirm their form; Wendy Holdener breaks my heart again.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Indeed I love watching the races as well (on Eurosport). Also, Andorra hosted the World Cup finals in 2019 and will again in 2023 - with the Euro Cup finals this coming March. I can see the downhill piste from my apartment, so I can watch them live from my balcony or of course go up on the mountain. I am a Goggia fan, as well as all Americans and most Italians - but I enjoy watching them all and am in awe of their fearlessness!

Christy

Angel Diva
I will definitely watch that this weekend.

OMG Dave Ryding. We've been rooting for him for years.

At age 35! First ever victory for Great Britain! And his tech collapses into the snow and sobs. I almost cried myself.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I will definitely watch that this weekend.

OMG Dave Ryding. We've been rooting for him for years.

At age 35! First ever victory for Great Britain! And his tech collapses into the snow and sobs. I almost cried myself.
I totally teared up when the tech was wailing “God he did it.” Epic. It was also fun to see Braathen and the usually sour-looking Kristoffersen appear to be genuinely happy for Ryding. The mic picked up some fun banter when they were all waiting for the podium ceremonies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly