• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Watching the World Cup races

teppaz

Angel Diva
And we’re back! Great race in Sölden today, in what looked like really good conditions. I have a feeling we could see this GS podium a lot this season, though not necessarily in the same order.

teppaz

Angel Diva
That's where I watched it as well. I wasn't crazy about the commentator though, I didn't feel he brought much.

Christy

Angel Diva
I thought the British commentator was a nice change. At least we got commentary. I don't think we did with the Austrian races last year.

I haven't gotten super excited about the men's tech races the last couple of years (or maybe the men's races in general) but I enjoyed River Radamus's performance today. I always like watching a younger American skier move up the ranks. So maybe he will spice things up for me on the men's side.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I thought the British commentator was a nice change. At least we got commentary. I don't think we did with the Austrian races last year.

I haven't gotten super excited about the men's tech races the last couple of years (or maybe the men's races in general) but I enjoyed River Radamus's performance today. I always like watching a younger American skier move up the ranks. So maybe he will spice things up for me on the men's side.
They should have two commentators, one for the technical stuff and one for color. I miss having information on the racers themselves, what’s happening behind the scene. That’s why I loved Bode Miller’s commentary — he could do both. Wonder why they didn’t pair the Brit with Steve Porino.

Christy

Angel Diva
I assumed the commentator was unrelated to the NBC sports--that this was a Eurosport feed or something (I saw the Eurosport logo at one point). I could be wrong of course. In recent years we haven't had Porino or anyone else doing the Austrian races as there is an issue with the broadcast rights.

Christy

Angel Diva
It was terrific to see (on tv) such a great (and loud!!) crowd at Killington today. Way to represent, Vermont! You really did us proud. It looked like so much fun that I turned to my husband and wondered, why aren't we at these races? The women are so exciting, and our only other North American option is just too darn cold (Lake Louise in December is no joke) for me. Then he reminded me that it would mean air travel at Thanksgiving...

And Petra is NOT a machine!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Why did I see it was canceled (Peacock) ? Or was that something different?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
It was terrific to see (on tv) such a great (and loud!!) crowd at Killington today. Way to represent, Vermont! You really did us proud. It looked like so much fun that I turned to my husband and wondered, why aren't we at these races? The women are so exciting, and our only other North American option is just too darn cold (Lake Louise in December is no joke) for me. Then he reminded me that it would mean air travel at Thanksgiving...

And Petra is NOT a machine!
Killington is only an hour and a half from me. Every year it’s a debate - should we go?! Every year our crowd-phobia wins… especially this year with Covid. People in Vermont are NOT conscientious about masking anymore.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I’m in NYC and would love to go to Killington as well and very year it’s the same: oh, right, Thanksgiving travel. Cancellations on the men’s races in Lake Louise as well. Of course too much snow for racers is great news for mere-mortal skiers!

newboots

Angel Diva
We had too much snow on Saturday!!
I heard the wind was wicked, too, and spreading powder across the race course making it hard to see the surface. Pretty dangerous, I think.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m in NYC and would love to go to Killington as well and very year it’s the same: oh, right, Thanksgiving travel. Cancellations on the men’s races in Lake Louise as well. Of course too much snow for racers is great news for mere-mortal skiers!
The Lake Louise men's race has been moved to Beaver Creek this coming weekend. There will be 2 races on Birds of Prey instead of one. No worries about too much snow.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Beaver Creek not looking great compared to Lake Louise. Goggia looked fantastic on the first downhill. Big gap between her and runner-up Breezy Johnson. It was rare to see that actually. I'm not sure who's going to be able to compete with Gogo in DH this season.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got to say that Alpine skiing is the only sport I make a point of watching - I grew up with BBC Ski Sunday which I'd watch religiously with my dad (who also adored it, but has never been on a ski in his life). My phone ringtone is actually the theme tune.

Super-G is my all time favourite spectator sport; unfortunately coverage in Australia is virtually non-existent. Last Winter Olympics I was really looking forwards to seeing some high speed action but the coverage kept getting cut whenever there was some Australian prancing about in sequins in the ice rink. Wasn't best pleased.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly