• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Watching the World Cup races

Christy

Angel Diva
Lara Gut-Behrami is amazing right now. But with 4 slaloms coming up...boy this will come down to the wire.

I had wandered into the kitchen during Rosina's crash and only really saw it out of the corner of my eye, but I saw my husband look away and put his head in his hands. He said it was horrific and it looked like her leg had snapped. Glad I missed that. Kajsa's was bad enough. I just checked to see if I could find out if each woman was (relatively) okay but there's no news yet that I've found.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Apparently both have fractured a leg. Lie has already been operated on. Eurosport had a photo of Lie that was simply horrifying — the angle of the leg was just inhuman.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Lara Gut-Behrami is amazing right now. But with 4 slaloms coming up...boy this will come down to the wire.

I had wandered into the kitchen during Rosina's crash and only really saw it out of the corner of my eye, but I saw my husband look away and put his head in his hands. He said it was horrific and it looked like her leg had snapped. Glad I missed that. Kajsa's was bad enough. I just checked to see if I could find out if each woman was (relatively) okay but there's no news yet that I've found.
Re: the overall. Vlhova is facing stiff competition in slalom and LGB is competitive in GS so I think she will ultimately prevail by a hair.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Got caught up on the races yesterday on my day off. Gasp, those falls were horrifying. Both times as they were going down their legs did not look right. My husband had to look away. Just crazy how much their skies were being banged around and never popped off. I'll be amazed if they come back, especially Lie. She was really starting to find her groove and I can imagine this will really shake her confidence.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Yeah, it was horrible. I think they can have stop at one slo-mo replay, there’s no point in showing that stuff over and over. And yeah, Lie was on the upswing. I wonder if she can fully recover.

Christy

Angel Diva
The Olympic Channel (NBC owned) wouldn't even show Rosina's crash again after she crashed, and they always show a slow motion take! I think they showed Kajsa's one time in slo-mo.

Christy

Angel Diva
I was genuinely surprised today to see Mikaela overtake Petra! I guess she found those 2 seconds she went looking for this past week. I had to feel a bit badly for Petra, since she was at home (and that in and of itself is unusual). However she's now only 7 point behind Lara in the overall, with 5 tech races still to come, and only 2 speed races.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Great race today, a suspense to the end. PV actually is 107 points behind LGB but yeah, a few slaloms coming up (LGB is competitive in GS, she could earn some points there). This is a great ending to a very weird season.

Happy to see Holdener on the podium today. She's likely to make the history books as the racer with the most podiums in SL and no wins! We need to keep an eye on Peterlini and Slokar next season.

Speaking of great races, the latest women's biathlon relay was just beyond, a nail-biter to the end with the relay globe on the line. This one had it all: plot twists, insane surges, neck-and-neck jostling, choking meltdowns, come-backs, closeups of athletes drooling from the effort.

Christy

Angel Diva
That makes sense--I wondered how it got so close!

Wow, sounds like an exciting biathlon! Drooling??

teppaz

Angel Diva
Yeah, the drooling is fairly common in cross-country and biathlon. They used to show it in closeup after the racers crossed the finish line but not so much anymore. That one was hard to ignore though!

Christy

Angel Diva
Well. I'm not sure what to think about Mikaela's angry comments. I hate to think the course workers really were trying to delay her, but it sounds like this sort of thing isn't unknown? I couldn't even figure out why she was iced like that at the time. I was happy to see Petra's win and thought "aww" watching her cry through the podium ceremony and the interview but if the accusations are true, the victory seems tarnished (though it did seem as if she would will herself to the win no matter what).

teppaz

Angel Diva
This thing is, Vlhova had a delayed start as well because the skier before her also took down a gate. Someone on skitalk timed the delays for both Vlhova and Shiffrin, and Shiffrin's was not that much longer (and nowhere near the 5-8 minutes some people have been talking about online). So I'm not sure about those gripes.
Vlhova and Holdener had more aggressive second runs than Shiffrin, and Robinson had an even better one — hers is the accomplishment we should celebrate!

Christy

Angel Diva
I guess we don't need to feel sorry for Petra for coming from a small under resourced Eastern European country anymore. I didn't realize the government had given her a big plane so she and her crew can easily move from race to race.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I didn’t know that! She’s like Tina Maze way back when: she gets all or most of her country’s ski resources.

Christy

Angel Diva
They had video on today's race broadcast of Petra and her team on and around the plane. It's specially outfitted and comfy but is the size of a commercial jet.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Today was fire for both men and women. Odermatt killed with a blazing second run in the men's GS and is now within reach of Pinturault in the overall. This one will be down to the wire and Odermatt has momentum. He's emboldened while Pinturault is choking.
And then Vlhova… Glass half-empty: she made a huge mistake in the first run and barely qualified for the second run. Glass half-full: she somehow recovered from a huge mistake and managed to score a few points with a spot in 8th. This was Shiffrin's race to lose, and she did. The slalom globe is still up for grabs.
Meanwhile Holdener now has 27 slalom podiums and still no victory.
I'm loving this season!

teppaz

Angel Diva
It pains me to say it but Pinturault is a choker. A skier of great talent but outside of combined or parallel he's never won a globe or a gold medal at a world championship or Olympics.

Christy

Angel Diva
He hasn't??? I didn't realize that. Boy do I feel badly for him now. With his talent he should have some hardware.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Sofia Goggia is on the start list for the next DH. I can’t decide what to think of that but I’m erring toward nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly