• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Watch: How lift mechanics de-ice Summit Lift at Mount Bachelor

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That was fascinating. At first i was thinking, thats not too bad....until they started climbing up on top!
Great views, and thats gotta be cold out there!
The entertaining part was at around 3:50 the hammer strikes and the music were in sync. Good soundtrack, in case anyone wonders, its The Glitch Mob.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Wonder how long it took someone to think of just the right song for the synchro?

How often do those get that iced up?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How often do those get that iced up?
It depends on the field and the weather patterns, I believe. Somewhere like Mt Ruapehu in NZ will de-ice daily at points in the season, and they often have to do it during snowstorms as well to keep the lifts safe. They frequently have lifts that open slightly late due to de-icing, and are known to have very bad rime ice.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is something else! It's one of those things that I guess has to be done, but has never crossed my mind to wonder how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly