• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Warmest ski mittens?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Astis. End of story.

(Okay, they do make battery powered heated gloves, and I haven't tried those.)

Chaelynh

Diva in Training
BD Mercury Mitts have extremely good ratings. I was looking into this myself recently and #1 was BD #2 was Hestra Heli. I've also heard good things about Swany toaster mitts.

Jilly

Staff member
Inexpensive - Swany Toaster's. Expensive - Thermic electric mitts.

Personally I hate mitts. I'm looking at electric gloves that Costco has for hockey mom's. Add an over glove and I think it might work.

Luuva

Certified Ski Diva
Hestra pullover mitt with wool inner liner. Waterproof, windproof and long.

c2296628560f878afc567dd62bc5eebf.jpeg
78bfe5b13f55edc1c7f81c094125c066.jpeg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, but these are my Astis mittens (there are multiple designs, not just this one):

Boone_-_Top_View_-_734_grande.jpg

Always good for some compliments and as an ice breaker!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I got a pair at LL Bean that have a down liner with a Gortex Shell. Very warm, especially when I wear glove liners inside the down mitten. I wish I had had them in my bag today - I left them on the dryer and my hands were freezing in my other gloves.

newboots

Angel Diva
I just got these. With a hand warmer inside, they are incredible! I have cold hands anyway. I did a lot of research and came up with these.

Without the hand warmer, they are fine on a cold day. I find the hand warmer necessary on quite cold (under 15*F) days. The interior glove is a useful and warm glove all on its own.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens/gloves/mt-baker-modular-mitts.html

mt-baker-modular-mitts.html

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I have Raynaud's and am on medication to survive the colder months. I primarily ski in the Hestra Heli Mitt with hand warmers - love the dexterity and how they fit. The Black Diamond Mercury Mitt are probably a bit warmer, but for some reason I do not like them as well - note the men's has more insulation, or at least has in the past (go figure), so if you can fit in a men's that is likely warmer.

The Astis are on my radar, but I do not have a pair yet - really want to a pair of the mids (style without fur). The longer ones are lovely, but I would always look at them and think "these used to be a bunny"...I know, I know, the fur is a by-product of the food industry...I contacted the company and asked...but I just wouldn't be able to get past it.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I got a pair of Roots mitts at Costco for $35 this fall. And they are oddly enough, the warmest mitts I've ever had. They have a thin liner glove that goes inside on really cold days, and there is the insulated mitt, with a secondary fleece glove inside. So basically three layers. And they have an exterior pocket for a hand warmer, if you need it. I have yet to be cold in these gloves, and that's after last week of ridiculously cold -35c temperatures.

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a huge fan of the Hestra Heli mitts. I have worn them for years---the warmest mitts I own. I even have a pair of the Heli gloves for spring skiing.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I have down mitts - Canada Goose. I wear a thin dollar-store glove as a liner. So far - and I think I'm on the third year with these - they're good.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too wide for what?

I just figure extra space in a mitten allows more warmth.

Well then why not ski in boxing gloves? :tongue: I could probably fit both hands inside one mitten. It hurts dexterity. It's hard to hold my poles, and almost impossible to fit inside a pole strap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly