• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Warmest Kids Jacket

Jilly

Staff member
Ok, so only one layer of base layer and preferably wicking. You've got it. Next a light zip T-neck or turtleneck, but again, NOT cotton. Then a down layer, then a coat. And that is my set up to ski Mont Tremblant at -20C!! Banff is cold in November, but not so much after that.

I'm heading out in 3 weeks there, so I might take a stroll down the main drag and look for you. I do know the main ski shop in Banff is Monod's. They are great people. Tatum Monod's is one of Canada's foremost freeskiers. But that doesn't make a good ski shop. It's family run. That makes a difference.

allright

Certified Ski Diva
I am also thinking the thin fleece I got may have some synthetic material that is making him sweat so next time I will think about that. Thirdly, I got him one of those neon yellow ski jackets and this was the second season with it and since it was yellow it got dirty and had been washed a bunch of times and was just not as wind or waterproof anymore. Will get darker color next. The Patagonia’s look great!

allright

Certified Ski Diva
Ok, so only one layer of base layer and preferably wicking. You've got it. Next a light zip T-neck or turtleneck, but again, NOT cotton. Then a down layer, then a coat. And that is my set up to ski Mont Tremblant at -20C!! Banff is cold in November, but not so much after that.

I'm heading out in 3 weeks there, so I might take a stroll down the main drag and look for you. I do know the main ski shop in Banff is Monod's. They are great people. Tatum Monod's is one of Canada's foremost freeskiers. But that doesn't make a good ski shop. It's family run. That makes a difference.

Thank you. I don’t know why I didn’t think of the sweat. Now it makes sense how he can just so suddenly freeze on the lift when he had been fine. I will stick with your system with the smart wool base and be way more aware of airing him out. I am sure you have it down to a science because we went to Tremblant in the spring and there were still some days that were bone chilling. That wind at the top was memorable! Wonderful place though!

I will check Monod’s. I like to support family businesses and especially people who are so committed to their sport. Thanks on heads up for weather in Banff. I am treating this as a dry run for JH but I guess it will be ok since we are used to VT and now I am aware of the sweat issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna