• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Walk around north of Boston in early June

marzNC

Angel Diva
To: Divas near Boston, including southern NH/ME

I'm hoping to get together with a few Divas in early June. Going somewhere for a little walk and seafood for lunch. Check out the thread in Meet On The Hill.

If you are a relatively new Diva and can't see the Divas Only sections, send me a PM (click on Inbox).

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i would but my early June is filled with bike rides and birthday parties for the little one. enjoy the walk and seafood! it sounds so good!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Can't quite get the weather forecast for June 2 yet, but hopefully it want be raining. The idea is to meet at a park north of Boston that's on the coast. Walk around for an hour or two in the morning, then have a leisurely lunch in close by.

So far, three Divas are in for sure and another is likely.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking decent for the morning of June 2 at least. Cloudy but rain should hold off until after lunch.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking slightly better still, overcast but no rain in the forecast. What time are we shooting to meet up?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, timing hasn't been fixed as of yet. We could choose to meet up somewhere other than the small parking lot for Halibut Point, so we can carpool onward to the small lot. Parking on a nice Saturday in that official lot can be an issue, and there's no other place to park anywhere near it but the official lot.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was thinking of getting to Halibut Point at 9:00. Would rather be there when less crowded. Then have an early lunch. Meeting elsewhere nearby is fine but would like to know by Friday evening where to go.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The meet up at Halibut Point included four Divas. The weather turned out to be pretty good, cloudy and a bit humid but no rain. We arrived around low tide so had a chance to look for tiny crabs, mussels, and snails. We had lunch at JT Farnham's in Essex. Yummy!

Getting to the park around 9:00 meant the parking lot was pretty empty. Parking costs $5. We wandered around for a couple hours, including some time sitting on rocks chatting. Meant that by the time more people were arriving, we were headed to lunch. Eating early meant no problem getting a table.

After lunch, the local Divas headed home. I went back to explore Halibut Point a bit more. More people than in the morning, but not too bad since kids are still in school and busy with other activities on Saturdays. Half the people seemed to be tourists, not locals. Finished up my afternoon with gelato from Robin's Nest in Rockport. Fun place to walk around, especially if you like art, jewelry, or shopping in general. The only shopping I did was for homemade chocolate at Tuck's as gifts for a few of my daughter's favorite teachers.

Abandoned quarry filled with rain water decades ago
Halibut Point 02Jun2018 - 2.jpgHalibut Point 02Jun2018 - 5.jpg

Tide pools, @liquidfeet , @Divegirl , @diymom
Halibut Point 02Jun2018 - 1.jpg

The unwanted rock
Halibut Point 02Jun2018 - 3.jpg

Halibut Point 02Jun2018 - 4.jpgHalibut Point 02Jun2018 - 6.jpg

Tvan

Angel Diva
Fun to see your photos. Any pics of divas together? I’m not sure that I would recognize you all without ski jackets!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Fun to see your photos. Any pics of divas together? I’m not sure that I would recognize you all without ski jackets!
Nope, could've taken a group picture at lunch but we were having too much fun chatting. Besides I'm more of a landscape photographer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna