• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wagner skis looking to make skis for women

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't really know much about Wagner skis, but custom skis are intriguing. Started paying a little more attention after demo'ing a completely weird design in the northeast a few years ago. I've been on the Wagner elist for a couple years. Sounds like Wagner is interested in making skis for women. Recently posted a blog article by Kimberly Beekman. She interviewed Tracy Gibbons, president of the Northwest division of Christy Sports in Denver. The tips make sense to me. I've only listed the headings below, and not copied the tex that go with each topic. There are many TSD gear threads that touch on one or more of the topics.

How To Buy Skis Like a Bosslady
https://www.wagnerskis.com/blogs/journal/how-to-buy-skis-like-a-bosslady
"News flash: Women are different than men. So it’s not surprising that we have different approaches to everything, including communication (“Getting you to tell me how you feel should not be a multiple-choice quiz”) and buying skis (“I do not have 12 hours to spend reading forums about touring bindings”).

Needless to say, when a woman walks into a ski shop that’s operated entirely by dudes, there may be some gender barriers that may prevent her from getting the gear that’s right for her. (Of course, that’s yet another reason to order custom skis from Wagner.)
. . ."

• Don’t underestimate your abilities.
  • Don’t let the shop kids get you down.
  • Do a little research.
  • DON’T BE AFRAID TO QUESTION THE LENGTH AND WIDTH.
  • UNDERSTAND WHAT (IF ANYTHING) MAKES A WOMEN’S SKI DIFFERENT THAN A UNISEX MODEL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna