• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 21/22

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooh, can you volunteer on snow somewhere? Something with SheJumps? Or do some backwoods training for the learning part?

DH is still waiting and hoping for a grant to come through to finance both semesters, but is shooting for a combo of JILA in Boulder and UNM in ABQ for the spring semester.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ohhhhh what are you guys doing for his sabbatical??

As of this coming December I’ll be eligible for a 5 week sabbatical. No idea when I’ll take it or what I want to do yet though.. You can do anything you’d like, but if you do some sort of learning or volunteer work for any part of it my company will also give 1k towards expenses.
You could volunteer with an Adaptive Ski Program at a mountain where you'd like to be for 5 weeks.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A little frustrated that I was out of the house yesterday when the pass sales were announced. I put it on my cc instead of waiting to get home and pull out a gift card to pay for my pass. But on the other hand, I am glad I bought it then. Less than 24 hours after sales were announced and the Steel pass is already sold out!

MissySki

Angel Diva
You could volunteer with an Adaptive Ski Program at a mountain where you'd like to be for 5 weeks.

That's definitely a great idea to consider as well. I've wanted to do that in general, so this could afford an opportunity with more time to spend on snow.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is having their slope clean up day a little earlier than usual. The past several years it has been late April, if I remember correctly. They also usually give a little more notice. It is this Saturday, May 21 from 9-1. They have also gone back to the usual early season ticket as a thank you for helping. I was hoping they would stick with the all season ticket that they gave out last year.

I'm on the fence about going. I always enjoy going and hiking up the hill while looking for trash, but it is going to be pretty warm on Saturday.

Is anyone planning on going?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wachusett is having their slope clean up day a little earlier than usual. The past several years it has been late April, if I remember correctly. They also usually give a little more notice. It is this Saturday, May 21 from 9-1. They have also gone back to the usual early season ticket as a thank you for helping. I was hoping they would stick with the all season ticket that they gave out last year.

I'm on the fence about going. I always enjoy going and hiking up the hill while looking for trash, but it is going to be pretty warm on Saturday.

Is anyone planning on going?

Oof 95 degrees is a big no for me.. I’ll be in my air conditioning all weekend hiding. Lol

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had hoped to go (my brother would love an early season ticket), but with the last minute announcement, I can’t make it. Also agree tomorrows temps are a hard nope… I’ve hiked Wawa when it’s 85 but at least then you’re mostly in the woods!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm always tempted to go, but have a hard time justifying the drive midweek at night. I'm surprised you two are going since you don't usually ski Wachusett. Have fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm always tempted to go, but have a hard time justifying the drive midweek at night. I'm surprised you two are going since you don't usually ski Wachusett. Have fun!
It just seems like a fun ladies event. I’ve wanted to do it in the past, but I think I’m usually already skiing up north and therefore driving up to Maine on Friday night. Having another Diva to go with sealed the deal for some early season stoke! :smile:. It’s only about 40 mins from me, so not bad. Though my drive time tolerance is probably a bit skewed from years of very long work commutes and also driving 4 hours to and from Maine every week.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hmmmm I can still see the event on Facebook, but when you go the link it is gone on their website. It might have sold out, because it was a limited to 100 people and you have to buy ahead of time. There is an email contact though, so maybe you could reach out and check for sure if interested?

F6D2028F-6CD9-48B4-8BE6-A55E2FED6E13.png

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I didn't realize they were still doing that. I went several yrs ago and it was fun. I won some goggles because drove the farthest to get there. Traffic was brutal getting there at rush hour. Took over 2 hrs.
Can't make it this year.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks @MissySki! I didn’t know they did this event. I’ll have to keep an eye out next year. I’ve been hiking Wawa about once a week as part of ski season prep. It would be ideal to combine an afternoon hike & evening event, since it’s a drive for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly