• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 21/22

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I called the ski school this morning. The woman I spoke with said the women's clinic check-in will be outside O'Brien's on the patio. This was couched in "I think..." so there's a chance it might be somewhere else, but it definitely sounds like the plan is for check-in to be outside.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
I called the ski school this morning. The woman I spoke with said the women's clinic check-in will be outside O'Brien's on the patio. This was couched in "I think..." so there's a chance it might be somewhere else, but it definitely sounds like the plan is for check-in to be outside.
Thank you! I went yesterday and it was busier then I expected, so I didn’t get a chance to ask.

I skied without the kids for the first time, hoping to get on the blues.. but the snow was hard and cruddy, and I kept getting sprayed by the snow cannons, and I got freaked out, so stayed on the green. :doh:

They did an amazing job at getting the snow made though.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I skied without the kids for the first time, hoping to get on the blues.. but the snow was hard and cruddy, and I kept getting sprayed by the snow cannons, and I got freaked out, so stayed on the green. :doh:

Don't feel bad, it can be unnerving to ski with snow guns on, especially if visibility is an issue.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agreed, skiing with the snow guns on is tough! They had them going a couple weeks ago while I was there and I did one run on Challenger for fun, then decided that was enough for me. No way would I have been doing that a few years ago when I first started skiing again.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just received an email from the Ski School - the Women's Clinic will be meeting in the lodge. (I'm not too thrilled about this, I've pretty much been avoiding going inside whenever possible.)

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just received an email from the Ski School - the Women's Clinic will be meeting in the lodge. (I'm not too thrilled about this, I've pretty much been avoiding going inside whenever possible.)

Seems weird right now, and so easy to do it outside. :(

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Have a great time in the clinic and skiing , ladies. Have no idea when I will be skiing this year. I have a fractured wisdom tooth - seeing an oral surgeon today. Tomorrow - 6-8" of snow in my area!

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva

I’ve been going inside but not hanging out inside, and it’s been mostly evenings. Daytimes are BUSY!! I didn’t expect that, especially when the kids were back to school.

anyway, I’ll see you later this AM! I have turquoise snow pants and a purple and blue pattered coat!

Attachments

• 048552C7-7F4B-485C-94D8-E81EEED854EC.jpeg
    048552C7-7F4B-485C-94D8-E81EEED854EC.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 4

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seemed like a big turnout for the clinic, I'd estimate there were ~40 women there! We were broken up into at least 6 groups by ski level. My initial group was large (9 women) and we eventually further broke in to 2 smaller groups.

It wasn't crowded at all on the mountain yesterday. After the clinic ended, I skied until about 3pm and often had the trail to myself. That was *wonderful*. However, conditions were tough - it was super firm and fast, and never softened up. There was also truly shiny ice on a lot of trails. That might have sent people home after the morning.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Any tips on discount daily tickets at Wachusett? Also thoughts on their blues and their difficulty - are these more like hard greens at larger mounts or do they seem like true blues?

Thanks!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hopefully Wachusett is getting some snow right now! I'm around 45 minutes southeast of them and have a foot (and counting) at my house right now..

marzNC

Angel Diva
Any tips on discount daily tickets at Wachusett? Also thoughts on their blues and their difficulty - are these more like hard greens at larger mounts or do they seem like true blues?

Thanks!
Where else have you skied in New England? The blues at Wachusett are pretty mellow in comparison to Wildcat. It's nice that the hard chargers are mostly taking a different lift. Perhaps @liquidfeet can compared to Bretton Woods blues.

knolan12

Angel Diva
@MissySki Same Missy! I'm on the South Shore and we have at least 6 inches out there so now I'm dreaming about this weekend haha

@marzNC Great question! Bretton Woods, Stowe, Bolton Valley, Sunday River, Sunapee, Okemo, Pat's Peak, Butternut (we have no singular mountain loyalty haha)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Assuming you skied blues at Sunday River and Stowe, you'll be fine on any of the blues at Wachusett. For that matter, when there is good snow the blacks will be fun too. Just take it slow the first time in order to stop and look to see which side of the trail is easier. There are also blues from the top of the lift that serves the black trails.

I like Wachusett a lot. It's very well run with good variety for trails. Having a high speed lift even for the long greens is a major bonus for midweek skiers. I played around with my daughter's tele gear one time when @diymom and I spent the day at Wachusett (DD was in high school in Weston).

In my ski safaris in New England, I've skied during early season at BW, SR, and Sunapee. Have skied midseason a couple times at Stowe for Diva East. So many options in the region for fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
In comparison to Sunday River, I'd say the blues at Wachusett are more like harder greens there. Less pitch and shorter. Fun place for a nearby mountain in MA!

It's funny because I learned to ski at Wachusett right after college.. I remember feeling like the bottom pitch of Ralph's Run was soooooooooo steep and scary. Except it's really not at all lol. Amazing how perspective changes as you go along, I always think about that when I ski it now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Happen to be following the MA snowstorm today because my daughter and her BF are flying back to NC this evening. She got a notification about "inclement weather" a couple days ago. Good thing they weren't on a morning flight because Delta cancelled those flights.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Happen to be following the MA snowstorm today because my daughter and her BF are flying back to NC this evening. She got a notification about "inclement weather" a couple days ago. Good thing they weren't on a morning flight because Delta cancelled those flights.

They didn't get the forecast right either, we are definitely overperforming. My town was supposed to get 5-8 inches, we are over a foot now (11.5 inch measurement we took around 8:30am and it kept snowing hard after that) but seem to finally be slowing down to a light flurry currently.

I'm driving to Maine later, so definitely want it to clear out lol.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Same with our own @MissySki ! They said 4 - 6 and now the latest snow report is 12 inches. Also agree with the perspective point! There's definitely runs that seemed so scary and now I'm like "child's play" hahaha

Now to see if I can line up my in-laws to watch the baby :smile: haha

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Good Morning Wachusett skiers - How is access to the lodge working this year? I know we don't have to dress in the parking lots anymore - yeah! I'm assuming masks except when eating. Anything else to be aware of? Indoor storage? Cold shoes/boots will not make me happy if I have to leave them outside. I haven't seen much on Wachusett's website about Covid procedures for this year.
I'm looking at Monday to kick off the season - Cold but I need to get out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna