• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 21/22

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hope you have a great day, @diymom! I went Sunday. 7:30am opening on weekends is tough, especially because it’s a 90 minute drive for me. It was worth it, though - I finished skiing by 10am just as more folks were showing up.

7:30?!?! Wow, I didn’t realize they opened so early.

kliran

Diva in Training
Hello Divas!
If you're planning to ski Wachusett this season, please consider using the promo code: DON-WAAA when purchasing lift tickets and/or Beginner Packages online. By using this code, Wachusett Ski Resort will donate $10 to the non profit Alumni Association I volunteer with. The money goes to fund scholarships and educational programs to deserving students and alumni. This promotional opportunity will be running from now until April 22nd. Click here to visit the Wachusett Ski Resort and thank you, in advance, for your support!

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The weather looks absolutely awful for Saturday - nearly 60 degrees and rainy. I'm glad I skied last weekend!

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Hello! I wanted to pop in and say hi. I’m a beginner’ish skier. I live about 25mins from Wachusett, and I was able to get a bronze pass last week through my son’s elementary school ski club. (I had no idea I could get a pass through the ski club! Long after they’ve been sold out, At a discount even! Holy cow talk about winning the lottery )

So …. Naturally, I’ve gone nearly every day since then, 6 days, so far. However I’ve had my 6 year old with me every single time. My son goes back to school on Monday 1/3, and it would be great to go to the mountain myself, and have an adult to hang around with (who doesn’t mind a slowpoke) during school hours. I also would love someone to bounce questions off of!

(the snow was goooooooopyyy tonight. Heavy, and sticky)

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Thank your Dad for prodding them for me!

I wrote ski school and management over the summer , pointing out that the last minute announcement (2 days before first session) combined with the lack of affordable pass/ ticket options (passes were long since sold out when the clinic was announced meaning some had to pony up for window ticket prices each week) likely did not help their clinic numbers. (There were maybe 4 or 5 women last year, way down from the previous year.) I compared them to another not too far from Boston hill that had pricing with discounted tickets or without lift tickets, actually mentioned on their site that food was included (in the past Wawa has left this out of advertising), had the women’s program mentioned in a Boston Globe article in late November, and was sold out by mid December. I never did get a reply other than that they would make sure my email got to the right people. But sheesh, none of that should have to be said. What were they paying their marketing person for?

DIYMom, can you tell me more about the women’s clinic? What’s the lesson like?

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Hello @Alisonpv - I'm a Wachusett mid-week skier. I generally ski 1st thing til about noon - 1pm. My goal is twice a week but due to other commitments my days are never the same week to week.

I hope to make Monday my 1st day - looking pretty cold. If I'm lucky, I may get Friday, too. Crossing my fingers I can ski as I had a foot injury this summer/fall.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Hello @Alisonpv - I'm a Wachusett mid-week skier. I generally ski 1st thing til about noon - 1pm. My goal is twice a week but due to other commitments my days are never the same week to week.

I hope to make Monday my 1st day - looking pretty cold. If I'm lucky, I may get Friday, too. Crossing my fingers I can ski as I had a foot injury this summer/fall.
Hi! That would be great! Friday I probably can join you, This Monday is up in the air for me. Typically M-F daytimes work great though!

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Thank your Dad for prodding them for me!

I wrote ski school and management over the summer , pointing out that the last minute announcement (2 days before first session) combined with the lack of affordable pass/ ticket options (passes were long since sold out when the clinic was announced meaning some had to pony up for window ticket prices each week) likely did not help their clinic numbers. (There were maybe 4 or 5 women last year, way down from the previous year.) I compared them to another not too far from Boston hill that had pricing with discounted tickets or without lift tickets, actually mentioned on their site that food was included (in the past Wawa has left this out of advertising), had the women’s program mentioned in a Boston Globe article in late November, and was sold out by mid December. I never did get a reply other than that they would make sure my email got to the right people. But sheesh, none of that should have to be said. What were they paying their marketing person for?
@diymom so I couldn’t sleep last night, and went to the website and noticed the women’s clinic still for sale around 4am, I added to cart.

This afternoon around 4pm I went to checkout my cart, and it was gone. They apparently sold out?

Do you know if they take waiting lists or anything?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@diymom so I couldn’t sleep last night, and went to the website and noticed the women’s clinic still for sale around 4am, I added to cart.

This afternoon around 4pm I went to checkout my cart, and it was gone. They apparently sold out?

Do you know if they take waiting lists or anything?

Could be sold out, or could possibly be removed from the site because the clinic starts next week? I'd try calling the mountain -- you'll probably get the best answer that way!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now you have me curious. I'm surprised that they took it down. Normally there are plenty of instructors and no cap to participants. Please post if you call and get an answer about what is going on with the clinic. Sorry I didn't respond sooner for you.

And when I'm around I will gladly ski with you! I'm always looking for midweek ski buddies. This next week I'll be traveling though. Hopefully we can meet up when I'm back.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
I left a phone message, sent a FB message, and may drive up there tomorrow. (Or do you guys think that since it’s New Years Day the group sales dept will be closed?)

I’ll definitely keep you all posted!

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva

My apologies I completely glossed over your foot! I’m coming back from injury too. Fingers crossed for you!

@diymom No need to be sorry! It’s NYE, and it was literally a span of like 14 hours

Hopefully I can beg a spot. I do wonder if they shut down signups due to the increasing COVID cases.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
Now you have me curious. I'm surprised that they took it down. Normally there are plenty of instructors and no cap to participants. Please post if you call and get an answer about what is going on with the clinic. Sorry I didn't respond sooner for you.

And when I'm around I will gladly ski with you! I'm always looking for midweek ski buddies. This next week I'll be traveling though. Hopefully we can meet up when I'm back.

Wachusett got back to me, I’m in! Will be there Thursday!

@diymom what are these clinics like, what should I expect?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great! Glad you got in! Did they say where they will be meeting up this year? The first year I did it, one of the upstairs rooms was booked for us and we would all boot up there, and leave our stuff there too. That was when they would hand out vouchers for the cafeteria too. Some women would stay there chatting until lesson time, some would head out to get a warm up run in before the lessons started. They will ask you about your ski level and assign you to a group. If you don't think it is a good fit after the first day, don't worry, just talk to them before the next week so they can work things out. Then you head out with your group to ski. They try to keep groups small. The first year I was in a group of 4 -5. (Last year enrollment was so low, I had a private the entire time!) If you have any issues, just tell your instructor. For example there was a woman in our group with a hip issue, and the instructor would keep that in mind when doing drills. When riding the lift, the instructor will try to mix up who she rides up with each time to use the ride to get to know you a bit and for some "off hill" instruction. The first year at the end of the lesson everyone would head back to the meeting room for lunch, and many of us would stay and ski together afterwards.

Last year was a bit different in that there was no meeting up in the lodge beforehand, and there was no food voucher since they were discouraging lodge use. So we met outside by the ski racks between the lodge and the lift (NOT the learning center) and when it was time, we skied. After the lesson I did still meet up with some of the other women for coffee and more skiing. It really is a great way to make ski buddies. Several of the women opted not to do the clinic last year, but they still always came on Thursdays to ski with their friends that they had met in previous years.

I'm a little bummed that I won't be there these next two weeks. Kind of ironic, but my skiing is getting in the way of my skiing :smile:

Looking forward to doing some runs together this season.

Alisonpv

Certified Ski Diva
@diymom @jmfd84 I’m excited, looking forward to meeting you both! The person on the phone said “I think you come to ski school when you check in” She didn’t sound very confident. Lol. Did you hear anything different @jmfd84 ?

I glossed over that it included a food voucher … every week? That’s pretty cool, I can see that encouraging the attendees to socialize together and get to know each other!

@diymom enjoy your trip!! It’s been such a long two years. Have fun!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe call the ski school directly to ask about it. Or if you'll be skiing there this week before Thursday, stop in at the front to clarify. Even say that you have heard that in previous years it was either in a booked room or outside near the lift (that serves Ralphs). If they don't give you a confident answer, ask to leave your email and ask for the appropriate person to get in touch with you before Thursday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna