• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of course it all depends on what things look like after the weather between now and the end of the week, but I'm hoping for one last hurrah on Friday. It's looking to get below freezing over night on Thursday, and not warm up too much during the day on Friday. They're closed until then, so it also remains to be seen how they move snow around between now and then and what runs they might have open.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, just looked at the webcam for the first time in a week. Maybe I shouldn't be getting my hopes up for a last day after all. They've really lost a lot of coverage.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I was hoping to go earlier in the week until I found out they were closed until Fri. Then I saw the webcams and figured why they are staying closed! Looks pretty sad!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw on their "thanks for a good season" video that passes will be going on sale May 3.

I don't know how many of you are thinking of getting passes next year, but I'm thinking of setting up a GPS group to get a slightly better price on my pass. I tried this a few years ago, but didn't have enough people to keep it going (it needs just 4 people min. in the group.)

Any one in? You would just buy your pass online like usual, but instead of going to the regular pass page, you go to the group savings pass page to purchase your pass. Then you put in the group name, and you save money. Usually only around $10-15, but I figure that's a few cider donuts at the Bullock Lodge.

If it looks like there's enough interest I'll set up a group and post the group name before May 3.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any one in? You would just buy your pass online like usual, but instead of going to the regular pass page, you go to the group savings pass page to purchase your pass. Then you put in the group name, and you save money. Usually only around $10-15, but I figure that's a few cider donuts at the Bullock Lodge.

Do you know if everyone in the group has to purchase the same level of pass? I'm not sure what pass I'll get yet - want to see the options and pricing - but would definitely join a group. If we need more people, my father will also be buying a pass.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m pretty sure it’s any pass level. I’ll be getting either the bronze or silver. I’ll set a group and post the info. Between here and some of the women from the women’s clinic I’m pretty sure I can find at least one more to make it work.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd consider it, but I already belong to a group. Assuming no changes from previous years, it has always been any pass level.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would be interested if I decide to get a Wachusett pass again for next year--I probably won't know until the summer at the earliest.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I saw on their "thanks for a good season" video that passes will be going on sale May 3.

I don't know how many of you are thinking of getting passes next year, but I'm thinking of setting up a GPS group to get a slightly better price on my pass. I tried this a few years ago, but didn't have enough people to keep it going (it needs just 4 people min. in the group.)

If it looks like there's enough interest I'll set up a group and post the group name before May 3.
I would be interested as long as I can still purchase the pass insurance as part of a group. The E-mail I got from Wachusett mentioned they would be limiting pass sales this coming year. I'm hoping for a bronze pass but will take what I can get. I plan jumping online May 3rd ASAP

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw about the limited passes too, and that's part of why I started looking at the site to see if they had any pass info up yet for next year. Then I got to thinking about starting a group. I will also be buying mine on May 3. I hope to travel more next year, but I don't want to pass up the opportunity to ski locally.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was having trouble with the website when I tried to set up the group earlier today, so I wrote them and asked about it. At the time I asked for my old group name, if it wasn't taken yet. I haven't heard back yet, but in the mean time I got impatient and found a work around way to get to the sign up page. It said the old group name was taken, so I started the group with a different name. I'm not going to post it here yet, on the off chance the old name isn't taken, but is just showing that since it has been used previously. As soon as I have a confirmation on the group name, I'll post all of the info for anyone who wants to buy passes when they go on sale.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wawa is doing their spring clean up a bit earlier this year, and actually trying to align it more with Earth Day. I'm going to try to talk DH into going on Saturday since the weather looks decent. They're also doing it a bit differently than usual. The big changes are you can take the lift to the top and work your way back down if you want, and no free lunch. But there is still a free lift ticket (usually an early season only ticket) for trash pick up. And they are advertising food and drink specials, so hopefully more choices than the usual burger or hot dog.

Anyone else thinking of going?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m skiing for closing day at Sunday River Saturday, otherwise I’d head over. Surprised it’s so early, would have assumed it’d still be too muddy on trail but I guess it has been really dry.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hiked Wachusett last week (before the weekend snowstorm) and it was incredibly dry - really unusual for April. The snow from the storm has since melted and I doubt it added much muddiness to the trails given how dry the mountain was.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think normally they need to put it off a while since they still have snow on the hill, which this year, sadly, is not the case. I just looked back at old posts, and in 18/19 the clean up wasn't until May 19. I'm trying to decide if I want to take the lift, or bring my dog. I generally like walking up hill better than down hill, so unless DH wants to ride the lift just for fun, that means bring the mutt. But on the other hand, the poor pup doesn't really like riding in the car (he gets queasy) and that is a bit of a drive for him. But he would love the hiking and snoofling new things part.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wish I preferred the upward trek, that would make so many things easier! I really like hiking downhill while the up is usually a slog for me. So I definitely know which I would choose! lol However, the dog part does throw a wrench in that because I can certainly see the appeal of bringing him along. At Sunday River the pup can ride up in a gondola which is cool, I'm hoping to bring Zoey up this summer as she can't make the trek up a mountain at this point. Well, she might actually be able to, but it'd be sloooooooooow lol. She loves walking and sniffing around outside when we're in Maine, but at almost 14 she wanders a lot more slowly than she used to.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just an update to say I won't be able to make the Earth Day cleanup after all - a family obligation has come up. Have fun @diymom!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly