• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With skiers considering more local options this year, and since Wachusett sent out an email last week with info on passes for this coming season, I figured I'd start the thread up early.
Wachusett is keeping the pass prices the same as last year, and adding a new pass that is even cheaper. Previously the Bronze (M-F days, all 7 nights, holiday black outs) was the cheapest option. This year there is also the Steel Pass, good only M-Th days, for $189. Like many hills, they are offering a credit or deferral if you let them know before opening day (often around Nov. 20ish.) Also new this year is a payment plan, but if you pay in full before July 15 you get a $25 discount. Prices go up after 10/14 for regular prices, and after 11/18 for GPS group prices. (Bronze gps with early full payment is only $254.)

I'll be getting the Bronze again this year. The Steel is tempting since I never go nights, but I'd hate to miss out on a good snowy Friday. And if they keep the women's clinics the same this year, I'll be signing up for that again too.

MissySki

Angel Diva
With skiers considering more local options this year, and since Wachusett sent out an email last week with info on passes for this coming season, I figured I'd start the thread up early.
Wachusett is keeping the pass prices the same as last year, and adding a new pass that is even cheaper. Previously the Bronze (M-F days, all 7 nights, holiday black outs) was the cheapest option. This year there is also the Steel Pass, good only M-Th days, for $189. Like many hills, they are offering a credit or deferral if you let them know before opening day (often around Nov. 20ish.) Also new this year is a payment plan, but if you pay in full before July 15 you get a $25 discount. Prices go up after 10/14 for regular prices, and after 11/18 for GPS group prices. (Bronze gps with early full payment is only $254.)

I'll be getting the Bronze again this year. The Steel is tempting since I never go nights, but I'd hate to miss out on a good snowy Friday. And if they keep the women's clinics the same this year, I'll be signing up for that again too.

I’m about 99% sure I’m getting the bronze. Steel is amazingly cheap, but my most likely times to ski there would be at night so.. If it had nights and just took out Friday's, I’d be right on that though!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Today Wachusett announced that season passholders will NOT require reservations this winter. However, they WILL be limiting the number of passes sold. So if you’ve been on the fence, time to make a decision before they take away the option. :smile:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They don't say what their caps are, but it looks like the Silver Pass and the new Steel Pass are already sold out. That leaves the Gold, Bronze and Weekender.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today Wachusett announced that season passholders will NOT require reservations this winter. However, they WILL be limiting the number of passes sold. So if you’ve been on the fence, time to make a decision before they take away the option. :smile:
Looks like only the Gold is available right now. Wrong - I read the site wrong. Some junior passes are unavailable.

I bought the steel pass just in case I decide to brave the travel. I'm looking for where they say no reservations. I got no email from them today. Do you have a link?

When I bought that steel pass, it was my understanding they would do reservations in four-hour and three-hour segments throughout the day. Is that gone now?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Looks like only the Gold is available right now. Wrong - I read the site wrong. Some junior passes are unavailable.

I bought the steel pass just in case I decide to brave the travel. I'm looking for where they say no reservations. I got no email from them today. Do you have a link?

When I bought the pass, it was my understanding they would do reservations in four-hour and three-hour segments throughout the day. Is that gone now?

I bought the Bronze awhile ago myself, as a backup to Sunday River. They posted it on their Facebook page yesterday. I’m not sure if they’ve updated anything specific to this on their website though.
CF002379-E805-41E0-AB22-8E06DF28472B.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't get an email, but it showed up on my instagram feed this morning and is on their FB page. Good call on the Steel pass, especially since it is sold out now. And they are offering full refund or deferral until opening day.

Ok, roll call on who all has a pass at Wachusett for this season. Me, @MissySki, @liquidfeet. I'm assuming @BlueSkies and @Divegirl as well? Anyone else?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

When I bought that steel pass, it was my understanding they would do reservations in four-hour and three-hour segments throughout the day. Is that gone now?
Day tickets will still be sold in reserved sessions, four hours in the daytime and three hours at night. Season pass holders will not be subject to the session restrictions.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My plans are to cancel if I can't figure out how to do this safely. If I figure that out,
then I'll ski mornings two or three days a week. The drive will wear me out if I go more often, since it's 1.5 hours either way. I hope we can meet up some.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH and I went for the Steel to fill in when we are not in VT/quarantining to go to VT (have a place in VT). Looked at past years skiing and found that that over the past 3 years we had only used the pass on a Friday 2 times and never night skiing, hense the Steel. Hope to meet up too.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Bronze pass purchased in May. Glad no reservations for pass-holders. Reservations made me a bit concerned if there would be limits on no-shows or cancellations for the season. I have bailed on ski days at the crack of dawn - weather, car trouble, not feeling well, traffic (Rt 128 in rush hour) and so on.
Shooting for 2x per week as usual.
Met my boot-fitter down the beach this week - he surfs and I was out walking. Chatted w/ him a bit and now I want to get skiing.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since you aren't too far away, maybe head there this weekend or next with the BF for a skyride and live music and take care of your pass photo while you're there.

Looking at the site, the only passes still available now are GPS Senior passes.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I think I was able to load this year onto last year's pass card. At least the transaction went through - we'll see...

MissySki

Angel Diva
Since you aren't too far away, maybe head there this weekend or next with the BF for a skyride and live music and take care of your pass photo while you're there.

Looking at the site, the only passes still available now are GPS Senior passes.

I may try and do that! I actually wanted to try and sell a couple of pairs of older skis at the swap, but the week got away from me and I didn’t get around to tuning them. O'well, it’ll be Craigslist or next year at Wachusett for them. Maybe skis will be a hot commodity on Facebook marketplace like everything else for outdoor activities this summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly