• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

newboots

Angel Diva
I remember not being able to make my skis go, even downhill!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Channel 5 Boston news had a small feature at Wachusett on the 11pm news last night. It looked busy (saw the lift line in the background) and basically it was telling people to buy tickets in advance. I guess getting ready for the busy holiday period coming up.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woohoo, my pass black out is almost over!

I'm probably going to head up on Monday morning. Is anyone else going this week? I'll gladly shout friendly things from an acceptable social distance before or after runs, possibly sit at the opposite end of a picnic table (or adjacent table) for a break with someone.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I could say yes but I left a boot and a pair of skis with my local ski shop to get the bindings set. They predict they will be done with my gear Jan 6. I think that's Wednesday. So I can't ski until then. Please do report back about the lift lines and compliance on social distancing / mask use.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess first day out with only one boot wouldn't work too well, would it? I'm hoping to get out twice this week. I've felt so sedentary over the holidays. I'll certainly report back. I'm curious myself how things will be now that they have more open.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’ve skied everyday starting last Sunday, and have 2 more days to go haha. Otherwise I might head over. Since my work has been shutdown since 12/24 for the holiday, I guess I should work this week when we reopen. :bounce:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's starting to look like my second ski day might be on Thursday :smile:

I saw that Bullock Lodge is open again. They have extra picnic tables outside, all distanced, and ski up window service for donuts and hot drinks. I'll miss going in for a quick warm up by the wood stove, but I won't say no to a ski through donut opportunity on occasion.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's back to work for me next week, but I'm looking forward to trip reports of what things are like on non-holiday weekdays. Hoping to get in a couple days later this month!

newboots

Angel Diva
Ski-through donut window!

@New York resorts, are you listening?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yesterday was the first day this season I've skied there with the blacks open, as well as all of the blues. It was nice to have more options. Athough after running into @BlueSkies and hearing that Smith was icy I decided to stick with just 10th Mountain for the blacks.

Mask wise all seemed safe enough. I saw a couple of noses further away from me in the lift line, and a couple of the open nose masks. But nothing wide spread, and I did hear the lifty ask someone to cover his nose. So a handful of partially masked in the 4 1/2 hours I was there. I'll probably write Wachusett later today to ask if they have any plans to combat the open nose masks. Funny thing was I heard one woman complaining about how she saw some kid without a mask, and she herself was wearing an open nose one. ???

The lifties were generally loading 2 singles to a quad, but those who wanted to ride solo could just ask to do so.

The lodge is now open, but basically a ghost town on weekdays. Few tables, and very few people at them. The cafeteria is also open, so good to know I can still get a cheap baked potato to take back outside if I forget my lunch.

There is a no bags inside policy, but they have now moved a few cubbies outside by the ski check (which is not checking skis this year.) So you could boot up outside the lodge and not walk in boots, as well as keep your lunch close by. And I guess you could also bring a hair dryer and find an outdoor outlet if taking your boots off when cold is an issue. There aren't a ton of cubbies, but it is something. Or you could hang a bag on the ski check racks.

One thing I noted that is different this year is the multiple time slots for tickets. Or maybe I should say more obvious. Before you could get full day or half day. This year there are set blocks from 9- 12:30 and 12:30 to 4, and even two night sessions on weekends. The upshot of this is that it used to get a quieter around lunch time when some left, and some went in the lodge, and would stay fairly quiet until the school busses rolled in around 2:30- 3. Yesterday it got quieter around 11 when the locals went home, but at 1 the mid mountain lift started getting busier as the next batch of skiers came in. But most seemed to be on rentals, and sticking to the greens and mid mountain blues, so the summit lift and runs were still quiet.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Good to hear that the cafeteria is available for grab and go. I'm partial to the fried cheese curds as a snack there..

I would feel really weird leaving my bag outside, to me it wouldn't be worth it versus booting up at my car. I'm paranoid about leaving it at an inside cubby most places too though haha.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’ve been considering throwing a ratty old pair of snow boots into a bag though to keep in my car in case I end up in a distant parking spot though since I don’t have any yak trax yet.

My cat tracks have saved my butt a time or two haha. Distance to walk would be a consideration without them for sure though, depending on the ground cover.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I had noticed the name of the lifty managing lines at the summit lift this morning so I can send a note to Wachusett. He was great. He kept the line moving nicely by sending chunks of each line at a time. Since sending up chunks set up several chairs already, he then took the time to walk down the spacer lane next to the singles line and ask everyone if they were comfortable sharing or wanted to ride solo, and if you were ok sharing he'd even assign which rfid gate to go through. No pressure to share, and the onus wasn't on the rider to ask to ride solo. Very orderly.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
It was a pleasure to meet up w/ @diymom and I apparently just missed meeting @BlueSkies. It was a good 1st day out. Lifties did a pretty good job keeping the lines steadily moving and watching masks usage. No one gave any lip if they were asked to pull up their masks.

Looking at possibly Mon or Tues next week depending on weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly