• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is blowing snow today.
Here are the two heated benches they bought. Nice thought, but with social distancing I don't see how these will be very useful.
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.06.47 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
I love these, they are used by the NFL too. I've sat on them on the field and they are very welcome in cold weather. I think these will be fine for families etc., or people sitting on the ends. Just a little warm up can do wonders for a cranky kid or adult I imagine haha. They have a ton of deck heaters too and those actually throw off a ton of heat. I used mine for the first time last week and it was awesome even from several feet away.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are the two heated benches they bought. Nice thought, but with social distancing I don't see how these will be very useful.
I assume there will be families who go skiing together who can sit together for a bit to enjoy a hot chocolate outdoors.

Also long enough for two people or two pairs of people to sit for a short while. It's not as if someone would really want to sit for more than 15 minutes. Plus everyone will be masked.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jmfd84 how about posting in this thread? People will can try to meet up come winter.

Thanks for looping me into this thread, @liquidfeet!

Wawa is my home mountain. I'm 90 mins south in RI.

In another thread, I mistakenly said I had purchased a Bronze pass for this season... I actually got a Steel pass. I bought it so long ago that I forgot, LOL. I typically ski handful of weekdays per season and more on weekends, as I work M-F. But this year, I have about a million unused vacation days and would prefer to avoid the mountain on the weekends. The only wrinkle is RI-MA travel restrictions.

I'm impressed with the investments Wachusett is making in heaters, benches, etc. Hope I get to experience them!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
jmfd84, I'm adding you to this list. If you like, you can copy it, add your details, then paste it in a new post. This way we'll know who might be available for sharing some runs.

@jmfd84 -
@TeleChica - some weekends if I plan ahead enough
@diymom - Bronze pass, weekday mornings, usually not until around 10, but I'll be trying to get there earlier this season.
@Marta_P -
@liquidfeet - ...weekday mornings early - (steel pass) - hopefully 9:00 on (long drive).
@MissySki - I have a bronze pass, but it's a backup to my usual Sunday River plan so tbd what will happen overall.
@BlueSkies - I have a Steel pass. Planning for early weekday mornings, especially early season (then Vermont later season)
@NewEnglandSkier - bronze pass, weekday mornings early (usually 9-12pm)
@Divegirl - Bronze Pass - Weekday mornings, early - 9 am til about lunch time

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jmfd84 - Steel pass, weekday mornings, but not that often due to work, so I tend to arrive at opening and ski until 2/3pm.
@TeleChica - some weekends if I plan ahead enough
@diymom - Bronze pass, weekday mornings, usually not until around 10, but I'll be trying to get there earlier this season.
@Marta_P -
@liquidfeet - ...weekday mornings early - (steel pass) - hopefully 9:00 on (long drive).
@MissySki - I have a bronze pass, but it's a backup to my usual Sunday River plan so tbd what will happen overall.
@BlueSkies - I have a Steel pass. Planning for early weekday mornings, especially early season (then Vermont later season)
@NewEnglandSkier - bronze pass, weekday mornings early (usually 9-12pm)
@Divegirl - Bronze Pass - Weekday mornings, early - 9 am til about lunch time

MissySki

Angel Diva
Believe it or not, Wachusett is going to open tomorrow.

My pass is up in my boot bag in ME so that isn't helpful! lol I could use my AT boots and skis, but I think not having my pass would be problematic.. what a dummy I am.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Okay so I totally saw someone mention this elsewhere, but couldn't confirm.. Did they post it officially now? My pass is up in my boot bag in ME so that isn't helpful! lol I could use my AT boots and skis, but I think not having my pass would be problematic.. what a dummy I am.
Give them a call and ask. As long as you are in the system, they might issue a card.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Thanks @diymom and @marzNC !

I called and they said they'd print me something free of charge. I can't go at opening, but I have a half day on Fridays so I may head up midday tomorrow. Assuming Sunday River doesn't announce an opening for the weekend because then I'll be heading north. Anyone else planning on going tomorrow afternoon? I'll be in all of my second rate gear because everything is up north, including gloves, goggles, helmet.. guess my bootbag is traveling with me back and forth this season from now on haha.

Last edited:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoah. I was on their facebook page earlier this afternoon and ... no sign they were going to open tomorrow. Quite the secret they kept there!

My steel pass won't work on Fridays or weekends, so I will continue to rake my driveway tomorrow and this weekend. Here it is with raking in progress. 908615C6-9A12-4BD3-AE2F-E9D4B01C7EAC.jpeg
What a contrast.
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.55.06 PM.png
By the way, when I bought the pass they made it clear we could get a full refund if we cancelled our pass before they opened. There was absolutely no warning they were going to open. So that option is gone. I wonder if they thought this through when they decided to open with no warning. I wasn't going to cancel anyway, but some folks might be thinking about that.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
By the way, when I bought the pass they made it clear we could get a full refund if we cancelled our pass before they opened. There was absolutely no warning they were going to open. So that option is gone. I wonder if they thought this through when they decided to open with no warning. I wasn't going to cancel anyway, but some folks might be thinking about that.
Given that Boyne is pushing out the refund date in New England to January, Wachusett could certainly consider doing the same.

When does Wachusett usually open?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Usually around now, so they are on schedule. Kind of amazing considering the warm weather we had up until about a week ago.

Wachusett is pretty accommodating. If anyone were to call them this week to ask about a refund, I would be surprised if they wouldn't do it. I think they have a wait list for passes at the moment, so they wouldn't be out any money, they would just let someone else buy it at the current (higher) price.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Usually around now, so they are on schedule. Kind of amazing considering the warm weather we had up until about a week ago.

Wachusett is pretty accommodating. If anyone were to call them this week to ask about a refund, I would be surprised if they wouldn't do it. I think they have a wait list for passes at the moment, so they wouldn't be out any money, they would just let someone else buy it at the current (higher) price.

Seriously, there are so many angry people about missing out on passes. People are also upset about day ticket prices increasing from last year for opening day tomorrow. People are in for a rude awakening for that this season I think.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If anyone ends up going tomorrow, let us know how it was! (crowds, people adhering to policies etc). Inquiring minds want to know :smile:

Steel pass won't work tomorrow/this weekend, but I'm not sure I'd want to go for opening day with the trails they will have open. even in normal years I don't go until there's 5 or 6 trails open. I'm going to try to remember to check the webcam to see how crowded it gets.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a friend who was planning on being at Wachusett this morning making first turns of the season. He is going to report to me how lift lines worked and to what extent people were wearing masks and keeping their distance. He skis as a single, so he'll let me know how that went too.

I'll report his observations here when I hear from him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna