• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

MissySki

Angel Diva
Went to the mountain today, and was able to go inside to pick up my pass, yay! We also did the skyride and it was such a perfect day for it! The foliage is past prime at the top, but still really vibrant at the bottom to at least halfway up. So pretty!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went to the mountain today, and was able to go inside to pick up my pass, yay! We also did the skyride and it was such a perfect day for it! The foliage is past prime at the top, but still really vibrant at the bottom to at least halfway up. So pretty!
If I had know we could have said Hi. We were there too, but hiked up the mountain. (Already had pictures on file so our passes came in the mail.)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett is in the Top Ten for the East in the 2021 Ski Mag survey. Wachusett and MRG were the only two that are day trip ski areas, as opposed to ski resorts with lodging close by. Well deserved in my opinion based on my experience at Wachusett. Love those Red Farm cider doughnuts!

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/wachusett-massachusetts
"It's rare in today's era of mega-consolidation to find a ski resort that guests not only heap high praise upon, but one owned by a family that everyone knows by name. Such is the case—and a big reason for the success—of Wachusett Mountain Resort. Wachusett has the foundation any mountain needs to succeed: optimal location (“Easily accessible! It’s a blessing and a curse”) and varied terrain (“I always want to go back”). The Crowley family, in its third generation here, doesn’t just rest on that. They’ve built a killer snowmaking system and twice-daily grooming plan, ranking the mountain No. 2 in Grooming and No. 3 in Snow. “I don’t know of anyone who makes or manages manmade snow better than they do,” says one reader. And that’s even when nature isn’t too helpful. “They did an amazing job with a paucity of natural snow this winter,” points out another. On top of that, Wachusett adds a crackerjack ski school (they teach tens of thousands of lessons each season) focusing on all levels and ages. “Boosted my skiing up to expert level in three years!” one reader exclaims.
. . ."

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is a small-ish mountain with tons of amenities. Look at the lodge situation. The buildings are quite nice inside.
Summer-Scenic-Hero.jpg

It's open daily to 10:00pm. It runs the biggest night league race program in the nationm which I participated in for a few years. Mornings see retirees in groups. School kids flood the place starting around 2:00 every afternoon, Mon-Friday. Teens and racers show up in the afternoon. As it gets dark, ski patrolers with blinking bike lights on their helmets stand at SLOW signs and function as traffic cop for speedsters (teenagers). It has a great terrain park that's always filled with kids, and they get an audience because a major lift goes right over their park. The beginner terrain is excellent, and extensive. The mountain gets crowded in non-covid times because of its proximity to Boston and intervening towns. It's a cash cow for the Crowley family. I trust them to weather this upcoming season with aplomb. I bought a season pass.
ski1017_rge_wachusettcourtesy.jpg

Last edited:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've looked at the list of where members ski that we put together sometime this last season. Covid will cause big changes, I suspect. Here is who my list says (with its inevitable mistakes) skis at Wachusett. I've listed those people below.

I've added to that list myself and people in this thread. Who else is planning on Wachusett? Please copy and repost with any additions or subtractions. We could even say when we are thinking of skiing, weekends or whatever.

@TeleChica
@BlueSkies
@diymom
@Marta_P
@liquidfeet ...weekday mornings if I can get up that early - it's a long drive
@MissySki
@BlueSkies
@NewEnglandSkier
@Divegirl

Last edited:

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@TeleChica - some weekends if I plan ahead enough
@BlueSkies
@diymom
@Marta_P
@MissySki- I have a bronze pass, but it's a backup to my usual Sunday River plan so tbd what will happen overall.
@BlueSkies- I have a Steel pass. Planning for early weekday mornings, especially early season (then Vermont later season)
@NewEnglandSkier
@Divegirl - Bronze Pass - Weekday mornings, early - 9 am til about lunch time

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@diymom - Bronze pass, weekday mornings, usually not until around 10, but I'll be trying to get there earlier this season.
@Marta_P
@MissySki- I have a bronze pass, but it's a backup to my usual Sunday River plan so tbd what will happen overall.
@BlueSkies- I have a Steel pass. Planning for early weekday mornings, especially early season (then Vermont later season)
@NewEnglandSkier

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@diymom - Bronze pass, weekday mornings, usually not until around 10, but I'll be trying to get there earlier this season.
@Marta_P
@NewEnglandSkier bronze pass, weekday mornings early (usually 9-12pm)

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far this is five people planning on weekday mornings. We should try to connect.

@Marta_P -
@liquidfeet - ...weekday mornings early - (steel pass) - hopefully 9:00 on (long drive).
@MissySki - I have a bronze pass, but it's a backup to my usual Sunday River plan so tbd what will happen overall.
@BlueSkies - I have a Steel pass. Planning for early weekday mornings, especially early season (then Vermont later season)
@NewEnglandSkier - bronze pass, weekday mornings early (usually 9-12pm)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna