• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@diymom Did anything ever come of this group code to get a discount on passes? I think I've decided to just get a Steel pass for next year since that would cover my early season skiing so was just wondering . . .

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For anyone who wants to use the group code for a discount for buying their pass for Wachusett--

- go to tickets and passes --- instead of "seasonal passes" go to "group season passes" -- when asked for the group name, just put in "ski divas" and proceed as usual.

Passes go on sale Monday, May 3. They don't have pricing up yet though. The site does say that they will be doing credits and deferrals again if you can't use your pass, or you can buy pass insurance for refunds.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the group name @diymom!

I think the prices currently on the Season Passes webpage are for next season — the header says 2021/2022, and the Steel pass price is different than the last time I looked.

I still haven’t decided which pass I want. The options that make the most logistical sense for me are either Gold or Steel. I don’t ski nights, and I feel like the limitations of the other passes are not worth the pass prices. I did Steel last season and definitely got my money’s worth, but taking time off work to ski all those weekdays was stressful. What to do!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think those are still the prices from after the last price hike last season. Wachusett isn't always the best at updating their site, and I think they put the new header up for 21/22 already with the date the passes go on sale, but are still working on the rest. Did you buy your pass at an early bird rate or after the prices went up a bit?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought my Steel pass last season early bird, when they had originally listed the Steel at $189. Later in the season, I saw the Steel at $289 (with a note that it was sold out). Now it shows $209.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, if those are the new prices, there's a bigger difference between the Bronze and the Silver than usual. Other years it's only about $60, which makes it tempting for spring weekends and closing day. At a difference of $120 I'm not as likely to go for the upgrade. I guess we'll know for sure on Monday.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I scrolled through their FB page, and Wawa replied to someone that prices will be posted on Monday, so hopefully they'll be closer to previous years' prices.

I then sent a quick note to Wawa asking about timing for the pass release and got a reply back already- "12 AM, we do not anticipate the passes selling out in one day, however."

I wonder if that's because they are setting a fairly high limit, but are using the idea of a limit to spur early purchases. In any case, if I'm still awake at midnight, you know what I'll be doing.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@diymom - I'll be right there with you at midnight - silly thing to do but I'll do what it takes to ski. If I don't get a pass there will be precious little skiing next year.
Thank you for group set up.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been trying to buy my pass for an hour. Site keeps timing out. :frusty:

Based on comments on the Wawa FB page, people were having issues even at 12/1am!

Anyone have success?

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Yes - it took me about 30 mins of constant refreshing but I got a Bronze pass at about 1230 am. I have an order number, confirming E-mail and the transaction is in my Wachusett acct so I guess it went thru. I need to find out if I can add the pass insurance post-purchase. Tried this am but site wasn't responding.
@diymom - used your group ID - thank you

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After a year when many regulars weren't able to get a pass, apparently they still didn't anticipate the rush to buy when they said passes would be limited.

I didn't wait up for midnight, but when I happened to wake up at 1AM I figured what the heck. Glad I did now. I thought maybe it was my own computer at first when things took forever to load. And I thought my 7 minutes was a long time to get my pass, especially at that time of night. Wow.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After many attempts, I was successful in purchasing my pass. It timed out on the final step in check-out but like @Divegirl, I have a confirmation email and the transaction appears in my Wachusett account.

Thank you for the group name, @diymom!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Congrats @diymom and @jmfd84! Hope to see you both on the slopes. It took me about 15 mins to checkout including fumbling around for a credit card and texting w a friend overseas to stay awake - luckily the transaction never timed out. Can't believe I did this - been about 30 yrs since I "waited" in line for tickets to anything.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wawa posted on their FB page about half an hour ago "Lots of traffic on our site today! Sorry for any inconvenience. Passes are NOT sold out- plenty left!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna