• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2020-21

MissySki

Angel Diva
Did you notice whether or not they left the left side of the trail ungroomed so those bumps could grow? I thought they usually seeded those bumps.

I'm curious too.. The mountain report this morning shows Upper Smith Walton and Upper 10th as ungroomed, but they don't show any of the mogul symbol on them either..

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I made it up to Wachusett yesterday and it was a mixed bag of a day.

I arrived around 8:15am as usual and parked in the upper lot, row 3 or so. The first 90 minutes of the morning were fantastic - blue sunny skies, lift lines weren't too crazy, and great snow conditions. I skied Roper's Road a couple times for the first time this season and the views were wonderful. Upper 10th and Upper Smith were groomed yesterday.

Unfortunately, the lines became untenable around 10:30. I counted waiting 27 minutes one time for the Polar Express quad. The Minuteman lift was having electrical problems and after I got stuck on it for one particularly long and terrifyingly bouncy ride, I noped out of there and didn't ride it again. I ended up leaving earlier than planned, around 1:00. Upon leaving, the lower lots were pretty full of cars but the upper lot had emptied out with other early arrivals leaving for the day.

I was able to get in only 10 runs from opening until I left. Folks with day session passes were pretty upset with the long waits (understandably so). Apparently it was nuts on Wednesday, too (and Tuesday after the big snow, which is to be expected).

As a sidenote, I saw a couple women with the floral jacket or pants that I know some Divas wear, but I couldn't recall who has what... Lol!

Here's to hoping next week is better.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You should have mentioned you were going, I was there until 3 and would have liked to say hi to another Diva. I have never seen Wachusett like that on a weekday. I was very glad that I had the clinic all morning and was using the ski school line. It did quiet down after noon though, so luckily lines weren't too bad after my lesson ended. Roper's was a fun roller coaster, wasn't it?

At the end of my lesson there was a man just behind me in line who said "You look like a Diva." I was like, huh? I had enough time to father my wits, reply that indeed I am a Diva, and then load the chair. I don't have Diva stickers on my skis or helmet. The only thing I can think is that he saw the ribbon on my helmet from Diva East and somehow knew. Sooo-- which one of you has ridden up the lift with Ranger Jim?

MissySki

Angel Diva
You should have mentioned you were going, I was there until 3 and would have liked to say hi to another Diva. I have never seen Wachusett like that on a weekday. I was very glad that I had the clinic all morning and was using the ski school line. It did quiet down after noon though, so luckily lines weren't too bad after my lesson ended. Roper's was a fun roller coaster, wasn't it?

At the end of my lesson there was a man just behind me in line who said "You look like a Diva." I was like, huh? I had enough time to father my wits, reply that indeed I am a Diva, and then load the chair. I don't have Diva stickers on my skis or helmet. The only thing I can think is that he saw the ribbon on my helmet from Diva East and somehow knew. Sooo-- which one of you has ridden up the lift with Ranger Jim?

Haha that’s too funny! Perhaps a diva dude??

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Oh my gosh, I forgot that the women's clinic is on Thursdays! :doh: Right now I am planning to go next Thursday as well... I'll post again once I know for sure.

Too funny about the guy in line. Even with a Ski Diva sticker on my helmet, no one has ever said anything to me.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Too funny about the guy in line. Even with a Ski Diva sticker on my helmet, no one has ever said anything to me.

I’ve had mine mentioned here and there over the years. A couple of times it's been by other divas I hadn't met yet which is always fun!

They have added the mogul symbol to Upper 10th Mtn on the trail report and mention moguls in the trail report today. Looks like it is snowing there currently according to the webcams.

They showed/mentioned the bumps briefly on the video report today too:

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I was there Thursday, too. 8 runs in 3.5 hrs. Had to walk up lower Smith-Walton to get in the singles line for the lift. I got such nasty cramps in my shins from standing around so much. Some people in line were saying the overflow lots were full and it was worse than weekends probably because they couldn't keep the other lift running.

I was the one who rode up w/ the Ranger - he asked me about my ribbon and if I was part of the Cape group that was there. I explained about the Divas. He also told me the clutch was going on the Minuteman lift and the repair guy showed up at 2 am Thurs and worked all night.

I waved to @BlueSkies and her DH and I saw @diymom but you were in your class.

Blueskies - Congrats on your new granddaughter!

I was going to go back yesterday but decided I didn't need 2 days of big crowds and balky lifts. Hoping for Tuesday, Weds or Friday next week - I know its getting cold - not looking forward getting dressed in the lot in the cold.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It wasn't quite as quiet as I would have liked, but nowhere near Thursday's crowd. After a few runs from the summit I opted to ski the other side until close to 11 when the started to clear out a bit. But I can hardly blame the others for wanting to be out skiing on such a gorgeous day. And the snow was amazing. I had hoped for one ungroomed run since the snow was so light and fluffy, but no such luck.

I'm debating going tomorrow as well as for my clinic on Thursday. Normally two days of the drive is my limit, but with my pass black out looming next week....

@Divegirl, any chance you'll be going tomorrow?

MissySki

Angel Diva
It wasn't quite as quiet as I would have liked, but nowhere near Thursday's crowd. After a few runs from the summit I opted to ski the other side until close to 11 when the started to clear out a bit. But I can hardly blame the others for wanting to be out skiing on such a gorgeous day. And the snow was amazing. I had hoped for one ungroomed run since the snow was so light and fluffy, but no such luck.

I'm debating going tomorrow as well as for my clinic on Thursday. Normally two days of the drive is my limit, but with my pass black out looming next week....

@Divegirl, any chance you'll be going tomorrow?

Do it, go while the getting is good!!!

I had to drop my boots off to replace a Hotronics heating element that I killed last weekend. Well, a lift chair killed it, but I digress haha. Otherwise I’d been planning to bring them home to go over for a day. At least it’s a long weekend coming up, but cold so I need my heater fixed.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@diymom - Right now - I'm going - crossing fingers that the debacle of last Thursday does not happen again. Tomorrow may be the only day I ski this week unless Friday magically warms up - weather app is saying 7 deg w/ a windchill of -5 at 8 am Friday - not dressing in the lot in those temps - nope not gonna happen.
Going to clean the car off tonight after supper so I don't have to do it at 5 am.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Please do report back on the condition of the bumps on upper 10th Mountain. I'm curious, even though I haven't gone yet this season. Those bumps were why I bought my as-yet-unused season pass.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not really in a position to report on the bumps other than what I see (and hear) from the lift overhead. But from that lofty perspective they look good so far and not the hard, shiny, mirrors bouncing the sunlight back at me that they often are. And the part of the run next to the bumps was nice :smile:

Just before I left today I was trying to trouble shoot a new pair of skis and headed over to the greens. They put a short run of baby bumps over at the bottom. I might head over there after my lesson to take a closer look and possibly try to work up the nerve to try one or two.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just before I left today I was trying to trouble shoot a new pair of skis and headed over to the greens. They put a short run of baby bumps over at the bottom. I might head over there after my lesson to take a closer look and possibly try to work up the nerve to try one or two.

Ooh, fun! I would like to try. I'll be there tomorrow!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm not really in a position to report on the bumps other than what I see (and hear) from the lift overhead. But from that lofty perspective they look good so far and not the hard, shiny, mirrors bouncing the sunlight back at me that they often are. And the part of the run next to the bumps was nice :smile:

Maybe bring it up in your lesson? Then you could maybe head there and get some pointers in real time. I know I always feel better in terrain that intimidates me when I'm with an instructor. For some reason I usually always ski it better with them than on my own as well..:noidea:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there today--as per usual the lines at the main lifts were too crowded for my taste and I lapped the green lift for 2 hours. That lift was ski on--the others had very long lines. The green trails were somewhat less dull, as they did have a small set of bumps on Sundowner and a small ungroomed section that ran under the lift toward the bottom, though it's quite flat down there. But I was able to amuse myself for 2 hours doing the bumps, skiing the ungroomed sections and just doing basic drills on the upper parts of the greens on the way to the bumps. The conditions were quite nice--it was not frozen solid. The baby moguls seemed relatively popular--I saw quite a few people doing them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna