• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2017-18

marzNC

Angel Diva
Woohoo! Wachusett is going to stay open nights all week because they got so much snow in the last week.

Wachusett Mountain Update for 3/14/2018, 8am

Due to the fresh snow, the mountain will stay open until 10pm this week (3/11 to 3/17) buy discounted lift tickets online. Mother Nature dropped off 18 inches of fresh snow yesterday & we're back to 100% open! Temperatures are expected to reach the mid 30's today with mixed clouds and sun as well as a few leftover snowflakes through out the day. If you have a snow day come enjoy it on the mountain.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.34.14 AM.png

Join us Saturday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and all things green, wear a green outer layer, drive a hybrid or carpool to the mountain with 4 or more people to get $7 off your lift ticket. We'll also have live entertainment and a BBQ on the back deck as well as great food and drink specials. This weekend cheer on more than 100 athletes from across Massachusetts as we host the Special Olympics.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sigh, waiting at Logan for a flight to Toronto. Won't be able to get back out until Monday.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I hope to go this Friday and if I am lucky, Mon & Tues next week. I got a lovely pair of Black Pearls for my birthday and plan to pick them up tomorrow. I went last Friday after last week's storm and the person who wrote the conditions report neglected to mention Upper Smith-Walton was left ungroomed. I and others ended up on field of scoured freeform bumps/moguls. It looked like someone threw a bunch of Fisher-Price Little People all over the trail - bodies everywhere including me several times. I will check w/ Customer Service when I get there to see what trails aren't groomed this week. Other than that and the crowds, the skiing was great. Roper's Road and all of Balance Rock was open.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Roper's Road and all of Balance Rock was open.
Balance Rock is so much fun with soft snow. Roper's Road is the only trail I haven't had a chance to ski yet. There was a quick glimpse on the 3/14 video. Certainly didn't look like mid-March!

Hope you get there to enjoy the new snow.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I like Balance Rock even if it hard and fast. I like trails like Balance Rock anyways - it is a challenge (at least to me) to time my turns to the curves in the trails and I love going through the woods.
Roper's Road is a real road and is generally only open if there is a lot of natural snow or if it cold enough to make enough snow to push over to Balance Rock and Roper's. Roper's is kind of flat for a bit and has a great view of the Boston skyline and a stone overlook "hut". It is kind of cool to ski a trail w/ a speed limit sign on it.

When Wachusett closes in April, it is usually because they have to give the roads back to the state namely - Mass Pike and Ropers - so the state can open them up for bikers, hikers, walkers and cars.

My season will more than likely end after next Tues. We're off to DC next Thurs for 5 days and by the time I get back, Wachusett may not be doing mid-week skiing any more - will depend on the weather. I heard whispers of another storm next Tues/Weds.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I like Balance Rock even if it hard and fast. I like trails like Balance Rock anyways - it is a challenge (at least to me) to time my turns to the curves in the trails and I love going through the woods.
Then you would really like the trails at Tenney. Edelweiss starts at the summit and goes back and forth crossing under the Hornet lift all the way to the base. 1300 ft vertical on a blue thru the woods. Fun!

I bet there will be people getting the Wachusett Rest of Season Pass. At $168, only need to go three times to more than pay for it. That's what I used last March. Was possible to get credit for a day ticket since I decided to buy it that day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Although Wachusett doesn't have webcams, they do some of the best daily video updates. It's neat that they are encouraging carpooling and electric cars for Saturday, March 17 to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. For those who don't know Boston . . . a lot of folks with Irish ancestry around there.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Skied there today - conditions excellent. Did get skied off on Conifer and Upper Smith-Walton, 10th wasn't so bad. Crowded. Balance Rock was awesome. Ropers' Road was good, too. Moguls are gone from 10th and Smith-Walton. Rumor has it another storm, possibly 2 next week may mean more snow. Weather is also unseasonable cold and expected to be into at least early next week.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett is about to get the benefit of the next snowstorm.

This storm is starting so far south that my home mountain in northern VA may get a few inches!

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.32.04 AM.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On the off chance anyone is thinking if hitting Wawa after this last one, I have 2 days left on a 3 peat card that I could give a good deal on. I wasn't as successful getting DD on the slopes with me as I thought I would be.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I am hearing snow totals all over the place. Gossip on the lift today was anywhere from 1 -3 to 10 - 14. Conditions were awesome today.
I need to watch the news this evening. We are driving to DC on Thursday. DH said this storm will be DC's biggest March snowfall ever.
Hope to get at least 1 or 2 more days in, maybe 4/3 & 4/5. I'll have to keep an eye on the conditions.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am hearing snow totals all over the place. Gossip on the lift today was anywhere from 1 -3 to 10 - 14. Conditions were awesome today.
I need to watch the news this evening. We are driving to DC on Thursday. DH said this storm will be DC's biggest March snowfall ever.
Hope to get at least 1 or 2 more days in, maybe 4/3 & 4/5. I'll have to keep an eye on the conditions.
Yep, my home mountain in northern VA just announced they will re-open on Wed instead of Fri because there could be 4-8 inches by the end of the storm that already started this afternoon.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yesterday was great- felt like mid winter instead of the last day of winter. Snow was amazing, sun was out all day. The two things people talked about on the lift was how great it was, and what would we get on Wednesday. Hoping to get out on Friday again. This weekend is member appreciation weekend, so maybe Sunday too. Next Monday looks sunny, soooo... Trying to decide just how much I should be doing to get the house ready before my parents fly in from Germany next Thursday, or should I just ski.... hmmmm....

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Sadly, Wachusett announced today that they will be shortening their hours. I think next week (3/25 - 4/1) is OK except for some short evenings, after that they will only be open Fri - Sat - Sun. They are anticipating going through 4/15. Hopefully they will re-evaluate depending on impending storms.

Looks like my season is over unless I go north. I was hoping to ski 4/3 & 4/5. If this is it for me, then I went out w/ bang yesterday. It was just awesome - where were these conditions in Feb especially when I was skiing ankle deep slush at Attitash and Cranmore. Who would believe I took my carving skis (Potion 74s) out in late March?

@diymom - the lift conversations were pretty much the same yesterday - how wonderful the conditions were and how much snow was coming. Also discussed were Saddleback Mt and hoping it would re-open, closing date at Wachusett, lack of colorful jackets and pants, heated mittens and the cherry trees in DC.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Drats. When I looked a few days ago they were showing ticket prices online through the 8th. Now they are only showing through April 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly