• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2017-18

MissySki

Angel Diva
I skied Wachusett for a few hours this morning and it was great! I had a free ticket, so that was even better. I'd anticipated the few inches of snow getting tracked out really fast, but the first hour I easily got a lot of untracked snow and even on my last run almost 3 hours in I could find some fun stuff on the edges. I would have stayed, but I had some work to get back to.

I was wondering if there was a diva there as well. I briefly ended up behind a woman in a blue jacket with a hot pink ribbon tied to the back of her helmet.. If you've ever been to a diva meetup, this is usually how we identify each other on the mountain and often times mine stays on the rest of the season.. So just curious if it was any of you ladies! Unfortunately I didn't see her again at a time when I would've been able to ask.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I skied Wachusett for a few hours this morning and it was great! I had a free ticket, so that was even better. I'd anticipated the few inches of snow getting tracked out really fast, but the first hour I easily got a lot of untracked snow and even on my last run almost 3 hours in I could find some fun stuff on the edges. I would have stayed, but I had some work to get back to.
Welcome to the world of late season mid-week skiing. It can be a lot of fun with no lift lines.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Noticed that Wachusett allows people who bought the End of Season Pass for $199 to credit that amount towards a season pass for next season. Just as I could get credit for a day ticket towards the End of Season pass. I think that's a pretty smart idea.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Welcome to the world of late season mid-week skiing. It can be a lot of fun with no lift lines.

Haha true! Though all of the retirees I talked to on the lift rides were also surprised that there weren't more people there. Not that I was complaining!! :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Haha true! Though all of the retirees I talked to on the lift rides were also surprised that there weren't more people there. Not that I was complaining!! :smile:
My guess is that after several back-to-back weeks with fresh snow, some people are ready to move on into spring activities. Or they had such a good day the last time that they would rather end on a high note.

Powder days at Alta in April are less busy, even really deep days. Many locals are done with skiing for other reasons. Of course, the real ski nuts at least show up for a couple hours before driving to work. After lunch, it's mostly the travelers who are hunting down the leftovers. :becky:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Trying to decide if it makes sense to go tomorrow. Maybe DH will let me take his car. AAA said something about a diode, the alternator, take it to the shop as soon as possible...

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Today will probably be crowded at Wachusett though Fridays can be hit or miss. I am not quite ready to move on to Spring activities. I keep hoping they have enough snow and re-evaluate closing Mon - Thurs. after next week. I won't be able to ski next week. I might just have to bite the bullet and check out the drive to Sunapee.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A bit busy until lunch time, then it cleared out. I'm hoping it won't be too busy on Sunday. Any Divas that want to ski Sunday or Monday, I have an extra ticket that will go to waste if it isn't used before the end of season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna