• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2017-18

marzNC

Angel Diva
Opening Day for Wachusett is Nov. 12! Won't be much, but I guess it will be noticed by local news outlets. Certainly cold enough for plenty of snowmaking in the last 24 hours. Seemed worth starting a thread for the season. Don't know how many days I'll get in but hope to ski Wachusett again this season.

Who has a season pass to Wachusett? @diymom , @Divegirl , @NewEnglandSkier ?

Any locals with a stand-alone MAX Pass?

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No Wachusett pass for me, but the past couple years I've done my first day of the season there. It's relatively close so I don't feel like I have to stay all day. I have a Max pass add on so I try to use at least one of the days. Take a day off and go mid week, as it just gets too crowded for me on the weekends.
It is a nice little mountain though, they do a nice job.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I picked up my Silver pass at the end of the season as a "rest and next" deal. That gives me full week early and late season, and weekdays only during peak season.

And if there are any Divas thinking of getting a pass at Wawa, if you put in the group code "SKI" it will get you about $10 off.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there! Got there around 9:30, Skied until 3pm. Basically the two options were Conifer Connection (blue): Really marbly in the morning and then pretty scrapped off/icy by afternoon but no bare spots to be found. Indian Summer (green) was actually really nice! My bf and I ended up spending the bulk of the day there goofing around because the snow was really nice and it was in the sun all day. Heard they had some lift trouble in the morning so we were glad we waited a little. We have the Max Pass, interestingly we were the first ones to arrive with one and they weren't quite sure what to do to get us our tickets...so they ended up printing us the ticket and may or may not have actually deducted a day from our pass....
We knew going in that today was just about getting out on the snow and having some fun, so we had a blast, my bf dressed up as a king and I wore a purple tutu and antenna pompoms on my helmet.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like Dec. 9 is a Demo Day at WaWa. Wish I was going to be around but heading home after Thanksgiving weekend and not back until mid-Dec. Have to keep in mind for next year.

"This is an adult-only event as the equipment is tailored and sized for adults. All participants must provide a valid drivers license. Skiers should come prepared with boots and poles, boarders should arrive with boots and your preferred bindings.

This year's vendors include: Armada Skis, ATOMIC SKIING, HEAD SKI, K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, Burton Snowboards, Nordica, Parlor Skis, Ride Snowboards, Rossignol, Salomon Freeski, Salomon Snowboards, VÖLKL

$29.95 includes an 8am-4pm lift ticket, demo day and post-event gathering in the Coppertop Lounge"

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at Wachusett today for my first day of the season. I just skied for a bit under 2 hours. They have Conifer, Challenger, Indian Summer open and just opened Ralph's today- after I left. There were lots of people just lapping Indian Summer which is the green slope, as I heard it was the best conditions, so I stayed over there too and worked on different simple things. They were blowing snow on all the open trails until about 10:30am when they shut down the guns.
Not many people there today since they don't have too much open. Always nice to not have crowds.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was at Wachusett today for my first day of the season. I just skied for a bit under 2 hours. They have Conifer, Challenger, Indian Summer open and just opened Ralph's today- after I left. There were lots of people just lapping Indian Summer which is the green slope, as I heard it was the best conditions, so I stayed over there too and worked on different simple things. They were blowing snow on all the open trails until about 10:30am when they shut down the guns.
Not many people there today since they don't have too much open. Always nice to not have crowds.

I was there on Monday for my first day, had a free early season ticket from Warren Miller. I had the exact same experience, tried everything open and stayed on Indian Summer because it had the best snow. Barely anyone there, kept skiing right onto the lift. The lifties started timing my runs by chair numbers lol. I skied from around 10-12, had a snack/water break, and then went again from 12:30-2:30. It was actually a really great way to start the season and get the muscles to remember what to do! Short runs were nice and my legs felt great, plus I was able to easily manage the foot cramps I always get on day 1 when my feet revolt against my boots after so many months of flip flops!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Had a good time with @diymom at Wachusett on Tuesday, 12/19. Stayed cold enough all morning so the open terrain was quite nice. Most kids were still in school so no lift lines at all. Got a little too warm at the base after lunch. We had to leave by 2:00 any way. We were both on Head skis from the Joy line.

MarzNC and diymom
Wachusett 19Dec2017 - 1.jpg

Nice view of the lake
Wachusett 19Dec2017 - 2.jpg

No worries about a crowd in the morning
Wachusett 19Dec2017 - 3.jpg

Took a few runs on the greens on my daughter's tele gear (had a first ever experience in a 2-hour lesson a couple days before at Belleayre)
Wachusett 19Dec2017 - 4.jpg

First time using the free Ski Check
Wachusett 19Dec2017 - 5.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Planning to ski at Wachusett for at least a couple days this week. Should have temps good for snowmaking at night and grooming.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snow conditions were quite good yesterday morning on all trails. We stuck with the blue runs after lunch. I wasn't quite dressed warmly enough. About 30 degrees but felt colder.

For Wednesday, we'll be skiing Wachusett until 3pm or so. Going to take all my warm stuff because it's starting out single digits with temps staying in the 20s. Snow should be nice!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett was great today! There were lots of local seniors out first thing in the morning, so they all knew that today would be the best day this week. New man-made snow on all the trails. Was very hard to see any ice for the first couple hours. Still quite nice in the afternoon except for the usual places that get skied off.

Temps stayed in the teens. High at the summit was 20 around 2:30.

We were headed to the parking lot shortly after 3:00. Hadn't seen how many school buses show up around then. There were two buses from a private school that came in late morning. They were gone by 3:00.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Will likely ski tomorrow. Heavyset teleskier, maroon helmet, purple coat. May be making parallel turns. :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Will likely ski tomorrow. Heavyset teleskier, maroon helmet, purple coat. May be making parallel turns. :smile:
Sorry to miss you. I'm headed south today. Have a Gold Clinic session at Massanutten on Sunday morning (multi-week session).

The 4-5 inches of powder at Wachusett on Friday was great fun. Especially since I got to use a pair of Mad Russian skis again. Hoping to get a trip report done soon.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
About 4 inches on my back deck. Time to finish up my coffee, dig out the car, and see what this nor'easter brought to Wawa.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Certainly looks like Wachusett won't have any trouble staying open into April. In line for another 15+ inches from the storm next week.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.15.35 PM.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna