• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

VT Removes Quarantine for Vaccinated Travelers

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Or how about when anyone you are near (e.g., at work) has a cold. Perhaps we will become like many in Asian countries, wearing masks habitually whenever there's a germ making its way through the population.

YES! They do! I think Japan is one of the healthiest populations on the planet. When I lived in San Fran, my Japanese friends wore masks all the time.

I've worn masks on planes LONG before Covid and guess I've been a germaphobe even longer.
I've been aware of cross contamination learning while in school to be Chef/restaurant management decades ago.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
So if one is allergic to the vaccine ingredients they can't travel anymore?

Sadly I think these people will fall into the same bucket that those of us who are absolutely last in line do -- watching a lot of people start to do things we can't do until we get to whatever the herd immunity threshold is. I think these last few months are going to be very frustrating for me for that reason, but I am VERY EXCITED to see VT making this change. Makes it feel like we're getting somewhere.

(And -- I think they can travel? Just with the same 14 day restrictions as before.)

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm all for VT lifting the quarantine requirement for those vaccinated, as selfishly I want to eventually be able to go there again!
My only concern in general, not really specifically related to VT, is that people who are vaccinated will stop taking the disease seriously. I mean we do still have the current variants and just because there is a vaccine, I doubt it will eradicate the disease that quickly. The US didn't become polio free until 1979 and the first polio vaccine was introduced in 1955. Plus we still don't know how long any immunity from vaccination will last. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but I just think of the vaccine as one more line of defense--in addition to distancing and mask use, not the instant panacea that some are touting it as.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Sadly I think these people will fall into the same bucket that those of us who are absolutely last in line do -- watching a lot of people start to do things we can't do until we get to whatever the herd immunity threshold is. I think these last few months are going to be very frustrating for me for that reason, but I am VERY EXCITED to see VT making this change. Makes it feel like we're getting somewhere.

You've summed up my thoughts perfectly. There's definitely going to be an element of jealousy and frustration, but overall it's a good thing and it seems that we're moving in the right direction.

newboots

Angel Diva
I have 5 or 6 midweek days to ski Okemo after my vaccines + 2 weeks, and before it closes! I will be there!

Sorry to blab that all out here when some aren't able to. I apologize. But I've had such a crap skiing year and I really want a little fun out of my Epic pass. Hunter has been intimidating.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna