• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl Attiva Fuego

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The reviews online seem to point to this ski liking to go "faster". That's the problem that I've had with my Fast Thangs. I'm SO freaked about trying to get a new ski. I want something that will turn quickly and agily and not make me force them when I'm going slower.

Any ideas?

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you able to demo? Sounds like you just need something a bit softer and more forgiving...factors such as terrain (region), height, weight, ability etc. all go into selecting a ski so look around at some ski manufacturer sites and see if there is anything that you might like to try and find a demo at a local mountain or rent..that's what I do : )

-veggielasagna

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may have to demo. I just don't want to wait until STeamboat to do it and our local hill doesn't have anything like that. *sigh*

We'll see what happens.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marge,
Caberfae has high performance demos this year.....Volkl and something else, I think. Check their website. Also, Nubs Nob Tech Center is where I do my demoing. Another option is at the Schuss Mtn ski shop. If you picked up the free ticket for Shanty at any of the swaps or WM movies, they're having a demo day at Schuss in December, too.

I just have to say how much I am enjoying my '09 Volkl Attiva Fuegos. I bought them in the 161 length. I am 5'7", 145 lbs., strong intermediate skier, age 49. I recently had them tuned and waxed and they are just the bomb. Steady, fast, willing to shape all kinds of turns, good in bumps, and they are not bothered by ice one bit. I'm amazed at how carveable they are and how they respond well to varied conditions considering they are a pretty stiff ski. They slow down when asked, but give them a little gas, and they fly! I love my play skis (Aura and Pearl) but for a frontside East coast carving ski, especially with typical hardpack conditions, my Fuegos are really working out for me and they are capturing my heart. :love:

P.S. Don't tell my Fuegos they can't come to the Diva Summit though. My Auras are looking pretty smug knowing they are my ski of choice for that week! :becky:

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just have to say how much I am enjoying my '09 Volkl Attiva Fuegos. I bought them in the 161 length. I am 5'7", 145 lbs., strong intermediate skier, age 49. I recently had them tuned and waxed and they are just the bomb. Steady, fast, willing to shape all kinds of turns, good in bumps, and they are not bothered by ice one bit. I'm amazed at how carveable they are and how they respond well to varied conditions considering they are a pretty stiff ski. They slow down when asked, but give them a little gas, and they fly! I love my play skis (Aura and Pearl) but for a frontside East coast carving ski, especially with typical hardpack conditions, my Fuegos are really working out for me and they are capturing my heart. :love:

P.S. Don't tell my Fuegos they can't come to the Diva Summit though. My Auras are looking pretty smug knowing they are my ski of choice for that week! :becky:

I am itching badly to try these, and the Tierra. Wachusett has them to demo, it's just getting the time to go out there! The guy who fit me for my boots this weekend said "if you don't like the Tierra, it's because of a bad tune" and "if you liked the Nordica Drive, you will love the Tierra". Now I'm itching to slap them on my new boots!

MI Diva

Diva in Training
I just bought the 154s after demoing them. I have enjoyed skiing with my kids (5 and 6) with my current skiis but when I put these on I had FUN!!! Easy to control and I (surprisingly) found these easy to ski behind (mom mode) my kids with. Very nimble, very FUN!

Gabi

Diva in Training
Ahh, these skis sound soo good! I'm trying to toss up between these and the Roxy Joyriders. Both skis are advanced-expert level skis, and i'd say im a high level intermediate. Im planning to spend a season on the mountain this year, can anyone tell me if they would be too advanced, or would still be ok?

and also i have no idea what LENGTH! I feel like i like a shorter ski over a longer one. I'm about 5'5 or 5'6, and 65kg. What should i go out of the 154's and 163's?

An another problem i'm facing is the COST- can get a pair of 08' Joyriders (i want the 08's because i looooove the topsheet :D) for around Australian $800, but the Fuego's i'd be looking arud $1,500 +.
Thats right, you read that correctly. We are disadvanted over here in Australia!

MI Diva

Diva in Training
Gabi,

I consider myself an intermediate skiier and will be taking lesson at an intermediate this weekend. I found the ski very easy to control, fast, resposive at slower speeds and faster ones. I plan on advancing my skills on these. I am 5'3" and 126 lbs and went with the 154's.

I do not know anything about the Joyriders...

HTH!

Gabi

Diva in Training
Ahh sorry, getting my lengths confused!
Well i think i'll be going for the 161's then!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh wow! Girls, you were right. These skis ROCKED! I tried the Lunas, Tierras, and Fuegos and came home with the Fuegos. After trying both the 161 and 154 I actually decided on the shorter ones. They transformed me! :becky: I'm just dying to get on them again. I was so worried they would be too much for me but I was WRONG! I actually loved all three skis but for different reasons. I think I could have been happy with any of them. Of course, after trying the Fuegos I couldn't go back down. :laugh:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you demo at Boyne today?

No, we were in Steamboat last week. I tried the Lunas, Lotta Luvs, Nordican Victory, two lengths of Tierra, two lengths of Fuego. :smile: I'm SO glad I got to try them first.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

serman

Diva in Training
loving the Fuego's

Hey - Jealous of all of the mountains you fellow Fuego lovers get to enjoy.. :jealous:I am on the East Coast of Canada with a couple of small hills around and travel to ME and VT every year. I just got my 161 Fuego's this year and couldn't be happier with them. We have a fair bit of ice here and there is not chatter.. steady and sturdy with lots of speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly