• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Visualization in Skiing

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Visualization

I will listen to music, imagine I am skiing and visualize the components of each turn happening.

lil mountain girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
when i first learned to snowboard, i would dream about ripping through really tight trees with flow and grace . . . after a while my fluidity improved and so did my tree riding . . . a coincedence -- i think not!!!

for skiing i find listening to music helps a lot -- especially on "off" days.
it helps me find rhythm and fluidity . . . i tend not to not second guess myself.

i find music helps me to relax and stay "in the moment" -- a key to being able to ski well, i think (especially trees and pow).

sometimes when you overthink something, you tend to second guess yourself, your ability, and "psyche yourself out".

althought there is a place for visualization, it's best not to confuse positive visualization/focusing/working on specific skills with working yourself into a tizzy!

in the wise words of a dear friend "stop thinking about it and just ski it!"

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ski much better in my visualizations than I do in reality! Although I usually do that when I am at home rather than when I am on the slopes.

I have to visualize when I ski in the Summer! :D

Seriously, though, I really do visualize a line when I ski. I think thats the best way to find a good line down a bump run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna