• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Visiting Syracuse in October

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Any Syracuse Divas out there? My husband has a conference in Syracuse at the Downtown Marriott next Friday through Saturday morning (Oct 21/22) and I figured I'd tag along, working Friday morning from the hotel room. I'll be on my own for most of Friday and then Saturday morning. Any recommendations for parking (the hotel says there's on-street or city lots), casual eateries (preferably with outdoor dining if there's any of that) or takeout, and parks for hiking? The hotel website mentions the Onondaga Creekwalk "is steps away," which I would probably hit Friday morning before work.

We'll probably leave around noon on Saturday and if there's a farm nearby with apple cider doughnuts I'd want to stop for that :smile:

TIA!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any Syracuse Divas out there? My husband has a conference in Syracuse at the Downtown Marriott next Friday through Saturday morning (Oct 21/22) and I figured I'd tag along, working Friday morning from the hotel room. I'll be on my own for most of Friday and then Saturday morning. Any recommendations for parking (the hotel says there's on-street or city lots), casual eateries (preferably with outdoor dining if there's any of that) or takeout, and parks for hiking? The hotel website mentions the Onondaga Creekwalk "is steps away," which I would probably hit Friday morning before work.

We'll probably leave around noon on Saturday and if there's a farm nearby with apple cider doughnuts I'd want to stop for that :smile:

TIA!
google for farmer's markets-I passed one leaving town. there are also LOTS of wineries nearby! And museums.. I haven't been but the Science Tech museum gets great reviews.

I've stayed at the marriott I parked right across the street in a lot, I forget what I paid, if I paid- I went to see "Lydia" for a cooking/food event benefit. Have Fun!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The leaves should still be beautiful out that way.. hope you had a fun couple of days!

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Thanks @nopoleskier! We got back last night - you're right - the fall foliage was gorgeous! I went for a morning run at Lake Onondaga Park on Saturday (see pics). On our way home we stopped by Navarino Orchard on Route 20 and ate the most mouth-watering apple fitters and apple cider doughnuts! Then google maps took us by Otisco Lake to get back onto Interstate 81, which turned out to be an excellent choice. The trip turned out to be an accidental leap-peeping trip :smile:IMG_7193.JPGIMG_7196.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna