• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Viral humor

newboots

Angel Diva
I read that some nurses were using bras. Elastic already provided. :-(

Hmm, wrong thread for that story!

:focus:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Anything with a loose weave, ie a sock, is not going to be of much help. You really need a double layer of flannel on the inside and cotton on the outside. But looks good!!

I put a double layer of paper towels to add some additional filtration. Since I have seen masks made of paper towels, I figured this was a possibility until I come up with something better.

Jenny

Angel Diva
IMG_0688.mov
Technologically inept here (meant to delete the prior post) - how can I show a movie file? I got it texted to me, and it's saved in my photos, but When I try to put it somewhere to share a video file I can’t seem to manage it. Can’t even find it, even though I can see it right there.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Technologically inept here (meant to delete the prior post) - how can I show a movie file? I got it texted to me, and it's saved in my photos, but When I try to put it somewhere to share a video file I can’t seem to manage it. Can’t even find it, even though I can see it right there.

You need a URL to post a video, and that's not one, @Jenny . In the tool bar at the top of the response box, do you see an icon that looks like three dots and an upside down triangle? Click on that, and you'll get a drop down menu. Click on "Media," and you'll get a box that says "Enter Media URL." That's how you post a video.

Jenny

Angel Diva
You need a URL to post a video, and that's not one, @Jenny . In the tool bar at the top of the response box, do you see an icon that looks like three dots and an upside down triangle? Click on that, and you'll get a drop down menu. Click on "Media," and you'll get a box that says "Enter Media URL." That's how you post a video.
Thanks, I found that finally, but first I need to put the video somewhere. Usually I can find them on you tube, but I haven't located this one yet.

Christy

Angel Diva
WA state made this video 10 years ago to help combat flu season. It's been resurrected. It's so cheesy--it makes me laugh.

"This is the state
Of the evergreen
We love it when our hands are clean"

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Will this work? They've combined two of my favorite things!

Swiss town covered in chocolate snow after glitch at Lindt factory
WORLD NEWS
by: The Associated Press and Nexstar Media Wire
Posted: Aug 20, 2020 / 07:00 AM EDT / Updated: Aug 20, 2020 / 07:00 AM EDT
GettyImages-1143932077.jpg

Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and Lindt host a dark chocolate tasting in 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images for Lindt)
BERLIN (AP) — Residents of a Swiss town got a bit of a shock when it started snowing particles of a fine cocoa powder after the ventilation system at a chocolate factory malfunctioned.
The Lindt & Spruengli company confirmed local reports Tuesday that there was a minor defect in the cooling ventilation for a line for roasted “cocoa nibs” in its factory in Olten, between Zurich and Basel.
The nibs, fragments of crushed cocoa beans, are the basis of chocolate.
Combined with strong winds on Friday morning, the powder spread around the immediate vicinity of the factory, leaving a fine cocoa dusting.
“It finally happened guys!! 2020 screwed up just enough that it finally did something right,” one Twitter user said.

The company says one car was lightly coated, and that it has offered to pay for any cleaning needed — but hasn’t yet been taken up on the offer.
Factory production was able to continue as normal and the company says the particles were completely harmless to people or the environment.
The ventilation system has now been repaired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly