• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vermont travel restrictions

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Seems like case counts are rising everywhere, even in Vermont. In addition to the orchard outbreak, there was an outbreak linked to a recreational hockey league. I’ve been wanting to go back to the gym, but it seems like a no-go.

Hoping everyone sees the rising case counts and adopts more cautious measures so we can reverse the trend and folks can come visit Vermont. :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Seems like case counts are rising everywhere, even in Vermont. In addition to the orchard outbreak, there was an outbreak linked to a recreational hockey league. I’ve been wanting to go back to the gym, but it seems like a no-go.

Hoping everyone sees the rising case counts and adopts more cautious measures so we can reverse the trend and folks can come visit Vermont. :smile:

Eek, the thought of going to a gym really freaks me out.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have to say, I am LOVING working out at home. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to a gym now.

In a previous life, I used to be really into lifting heavy weights. I miss feeling like a superhero whose body does whatever she asks! I guess I could try to get a better home gym set up, but barbells and squat racks are hard to find these days :(

newboots

Angel Diva
I don't understand VT's Travel restriction map.

They have my NY county in yellow- claiming we have 400-799/million active cases.
HELLO!!!! There are only 52,000 that live in my entire county!!

A number of Vermont counties are now in the same category, despite small population and small numbers of cases. It's not that 400 per million means 400 cases or a million in population, it's the ratio. Vermont has done nearly everything right and still only has very limited outbreaks, usually clustered, like the orchard workers and the hockey players. No deaths for a couple of months now, and 0.03% positivity rate.

It's a little scary coming to New York. The rest areas on 87 southbound on Sunday seemed to me like Grand Central Station. Incredibly crowded, especially compared to what I am used to in Vermont. The little rest area in Bennington only has a few cars in the lot, and every other bathroom stall is closed off. 87 was another world. I'm anxious about moving to NY just when case counts are rising again. My granddaughter is in day care and my son-in-law teaches in half-filled classrooms; his school has already had one case. A troubling time to move out of the safe tiny town in the safe tiny state!

MissySki

Angel Diva
In a previous life, I used to be really into lifting heavy weights. I miss feeling like a superhero whose body does whatever she asks! I guess I could try to get a better home gym set up, but barbells and squat racks are hard to find these days :(

True, heavy weights are hard to find.. unless you get lucky and someone on Facebook marketplace etc. nearby are selling at a reasonable price. That’s not really my equipment of choice, which I guess is a good thing currently.

Christy

Angel Diva
My Pilates studio is the one indoor place with others I've been tempted to go. I like Zoom Pilates, but the workout isn't as good. Numbers in Seattle are so low! There are so many rules at the studio! You aren't even allowed to breathe out your mouth, which is masked.

Buuuut...for me it comes down to, What's the risk if I do, what's the risk if I don't. "I don't" wins.

newboots

Angel Diva
Since it came up, I will put in a plug for Pilates with @Abbi . She works out of the Providence Pilates Center, but actually out of home. And she will be working in Vermont this winter. It's zoom Pilates, but I find it super helpful and I rapidly gained strength after I started!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
There's a new map out today that shows the counties that do not meet the minimum standard for travel to Vermont in the entire US. 97% of people in America are not allowed to come for “non essential purposes” without 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Yellow areas represent a Covid-19 caseload of 400-799 per million, and red areas represent 800+ active cases per million. Travelers from both yellow and red areas are subject to quarantine requirements when entering Vermont. Only travelers from green areas, indicating less than 400 active cases per million, can enter the state without quarantining.

122246291_3351892761560951_4563609184465453811_o.jpg

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
There's a new map out today that shows the counties that do not meet the minimum standard for travel to Vermont in the entire US. 97% of people in America are not allowed to come for “non essential purposes” without 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Yellow areas represent a Covid-19 caseload of 400-799 per million, and red areas represent 800+ active cases per million. Travelers from both yellow and red areas are subject to quarantine requirements when entering Vermont. Only travelers from green areas, indicating less than 400 active cases per million, can enter the state without quarantining.

View attachment 13904

Soooooo what happens to the yellow counties in VT??? You guys are also rapidly losing where you can go as far as NH and ME goes as well, craziness..

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

Soooooo what happens to the yellow counties in VT??? You guys are also rapidly losing where you can go as far as NH and ME goes as well, craziness..

I haven’t left the state since March!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I haven’t left the state since March!

I was under the impression that in some areas of the state people cross the border for shopping etc. and certainly skiing. But now do you also have to keep track of the counties you would go to in state? That seems a little ridiculous. It’s kind of like how RI is on the restricted list in MA, but NO ONE follows that because we are all on the border. My hairdresser is in RI, so I was there just this weekend and feel no guilt on that. Literally anyplace you go in RI has MA plates and in MA has RI plates, it’s just the way it is.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I don't believe this shows policy. Rather, it's an illustration of what Vermont’s cross-state travel restrictions would look like when applied to counties across the United States as of Oct. 20.

newboots

Angel Diva
The county statistics don't apply to within-state travel. It's hard to formulate a policy that takes everything into account, and meets everyone's needs. Sadly, restricting traveling has been quite effective, which is bad for us getting together to ski, but has been good for Vermont's infection rate.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I was under the impression that in some areas of the state people cross the border for shopping etc. and certainly skiing. But now do you also have to keep track of the counties you would go to in state?

Yes, people definitely cross the border for shopping. I’m not in a part of the state that’s conducive to that though. We don’t need to keep track of counties in-state... otherwise everyone in chittenden county would be stuck, the 3 cases in Caledonia county would mean they couldn’t leave, etc. The policy only applies to out of state travel.

alr

Certified Ski Diva

View attachment 13904
I have been watching this in thinking ahead for planning some trips in NE. I live in red county in MA, but can travel unrestricted to NH and ME right now. But if I want to go to VT need to quarantine 7 days at home, then test negative just before traveling. I am willing to do that, so I feel like I can plan a trip anywhere in NE without too much worry about not being allowed to travel there.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

View attachment 13904

THIS WEEK I can Come to VT!! I'm Green!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly