• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vasque Insulated Boots

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So we talk a lot about ski boots here. But what about winter boots, as in boots you wear when the weather's wet, cold, or snowy?

Vasque recently sent me a pair of their Laplander UltraDry Insulated Hiking Boots, and they're very, very nice. Warm, stylish, easy to put on and off, well made. Good to wear anywhere, with pants or a skirt. I take a 6, and yes, I'd say they're true to size.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.25.50 AM.png

The descriptor calls it a "hiking boot," but I can't say I've worn it hiking. But I have worn it back and forth to the mountain and just running errands, and it's very warm (400 mg Thinsulate Ultra). So yes, if you're looking for a nice waterproof boot to wear during the winter, I'd recommend it.

Last edited:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my favorite hiking boots were Vasque, No blisters from day 1 wearing them hiking 10hrs in Yosemite, they were made in Italy with real leather, now I can't find the made in Italy, only made in China, I bought a chinese pair and they are just not the same.
Do you know where these are made? they look great!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
my favorite hiking boots were Vasque, No blisters from day 1 wearing them hiking 10hrs in Yosemite, they were made in Italy with real leather, now I can't find the made in Italy, only made in China, I bought a chinese pair and they are just not the same.
Do you know where these are made? they look great!

The label inside the boot says "Made in Viet Nam." They are not leather; instead the descriptor says "High Abrasion Knit Mesh." Which makes sense, since they're snow boots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna