• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail specific: Cancel reservation? Or not?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got to my usual start place to find no chairs on the wire and wind hold indefinitely. So likely the main mountain chair, which I've avoided so far anyway, will be on wind hold, too. Update: I did check and it says it's open at 9 am. I decided to head back to my place .... where there is no wind at all, three miles away!

I canceled today's reservation. I'd canceled on Tuesday as I didn't feel great and legs were tired after day one. (I went for a hike instead). How many times before Vail tries to block my weekday reservations? Or is it worse if I just left without canceling. Who ever would have thought these would be issues, on week days?!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Since you are so close, I wonder on a day where you head up and decide against staying if you could just walk to a lift and scan your pass? I mean I wouldn't suggest that if it were crowded and taking a slot someone else could have used, but if it's a dead weekday anyway no harm no foul?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I considered taking a couple of runs on the teaching slope there. It's just SO FLAT, I'm bored in one run! Probably should have done that. I have not developed the best ski attitude yet this year!!

The upside was a nice three mile hike and I'm about to take a Pilates class with a NYC instructor. So the day wasn't wasted.

kiki

Angel Diva
I considered taking a couple of runs on the teaching slope there. It's just SO FLAT, I'm bored in one run! Probably should have done that. I have not developed the best ski attitude yet this year!!

The upside was a nice three mile hike and I'm about to take a Pilates class with a NYC instructor. So the day wasn't wasted.
That is the approach I have taken. Just do a run on the bunny slope and ding ding, no issue

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had several cancellations for various reasons. A couple were one or two days in advance but at least two were the day of. And I had a day where I did go, but was never scanned because my kids wanted to try out their snowboards and we ended up on the magic carpet. So far, I haven't received any notices from Vail. I think there must be an algorithm and if you are using most of the days you have reserved (as I have) they don't flag you. At least I hope!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got to my usual start place to find no chairs on the wire and wind hold indefinitely. So likely the main mountain chair, which I've avoided so far anyway, will be on wind hold, too. Update: I did check and it says it's open at 9 am. I decided to head back to my place .... where there is no wind at all, three miles away!
:frown: Frustrating!
:thumbsup:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today I took about eight rides on the bunny lift. The lift above that was not running for the second day in a row. They offered a bus ride over to the main base. I didn’t take it as I have to be available to work at noon. I might go back and see how things are after that. @ski diva - How did you all make out?

juliet96

Diva in Training
I spoke to someone at vail and they said as long as you cancel by noon on the day of your reservation then it won't be held against you!

newboots

Angel Diva
Wait - I thought Vail’s newly revised policy was that cancellations and no-shows were treated the same. Of course, it would not be surprising to get conflicting information.

And the best news is that @Abbi is now an official ski bunny!

juliet96

Diva in Training
Wait - I thought Vail’s newly revised policy was that cancellations and no-shows were treated the same. Of course, it would not be surprising to get conflicting information.

And the best news is that @Abbi is now an official ski bunny!

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the policy but who knows! I've made cancellations often and usually do it early in the morning (always before 12) and haven't had any issues yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly