• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail Releases Employee and Guest Safety Plans

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What do you all think about this?

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 9.03.27 AM.png

Last edited:

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I really like the proactive vaccination plan for employees and the requirement for those eligible for vaccinations are required to get them for snowsport school lessons. It'll be interesting to see if other resorts adopt the same policies.

My personal concern isn't the guests at resorts, but, rather, those in the communities surrounding resorts who don't get vaccinated.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I really like the proactive vaccination plan for employees and the requirement for those eligible for vaccinations are required to get them for snowsport school lessons. It'll be interesting to see if other resorts adopt the same policies.

My personal concern isn't the guests at resorts, but, rather, those in the communities surrounding resorts who don't get vaccinated.

I’m not seeing the vaccination for snowsport lessons piece, am I missing it?

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
In the dining section and applies to programs that have lunch.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really unsure about loading gondolas at full capacity with the Delta variant. The thought of being packed like sardines with a bunch of strangers gives me anxiety. But line ups to get up the gondolas last year were a nightmare.

I'm glad there is a vaccine requirement for staff. Wish there was for everyone or at least to load into gondola.

Christy

Angel Diva
Love the vaccine requirement for staff and restaurants. I don't ski at the local Epic ski area, which doesn't have a gondola. I do have a Whistler trip on the books since my parents have a timeshare and we have to book that ages in advance. Not sure if I'll want to be in a gondola either but there are other ways up the mountain.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the vaccine requirement for staff and restaurants. I don't ski at the local Epic ski area, which doesn't have a gondola. I do have a Whistler trip on the books since my parents have a timeshare and we have to book that ages in advance. Not sure if I'll want to be in a gondola either but there are other ways up the mountain.
Unfortunately there is only the gondola up Blackcomb!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope our other local resorts follow suit. Another winter with my husband teaching gives me heartburn. He's vaccinated, too. Two gondolas at my home mountain and I barely rode them last year.
The employees deserve to feel protected. The resorts can't afford a bunch of employees out sick.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm really unsure about loading gondolas at full capacity with the Delta variant. The thought of being packed like sardines with a bunch of strangers gives me anxiety. But line ups to get up the gondolas last year were a nightmare.

I'm glad there is a vaccine requirement for staff. Wish there was for everyone or at least to load into gondola.

Unfortunately there is only the gondola up Blackcomb!

BC Health may have something to say about it. I haven't heard about the Gondy at Tremblant yet. But last year is was your cohort or single. But we didn't have the visitors last year either. If the border stays open.....

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Like everyone else, I'm not thrilled about full-capacity gondolas, but luckily none of the resorts I frequent require them per se. Northstar has one that's the primary way up to mid-mountain, but there's a chair, and Heavenly has three base camps—I'll just plan to use one of the two with chairs.

I'm glad to see the employee vaccination requirement, but since they're dialing back the lift line mask requirements, I would have liked to see stronger guest vaccination requirements as well.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not thrilled about the gondola, Tram capacity. Maybe it’s considered “outdoor risk” due to the tiny window that cracks open? That said I’ll take funnel cakes (my nickname for the funitel) at Squaw V. if they’ll agree to not pack it. If I get too much anxiety about it I’ll just lift it so take 4316786266 lifts to get over to upper mtn and my fav areas the indoor dining vaccination requirement I think is odd. I’m surprised they’ll be checking status tbh. I’m curious how they’ll do that efficiently. To me it makes very little sense to have that requirement but none, not even for face coverings to ride in an enclosed tiny pod with a bunch of others. Logic isn’t the People’s Republic of the US’ strong suit anymore.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Further clarification from Vail:

A reminder that vaccines are only required for quick-service indoor dining, given their high-volume, cafeteria-style settings. They’re not required inside full-service restaurants, outdoor restaurants, or to use the restroom.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Further clarification from Vail:

A reminder that vaccines are only required for quick-service indoor dining, given their high-volume, cafeteria-style settings. They’re not required inside full-service restaurants, outdoor restaurants, or to use the restroom.

good to know. And now to figure out whether we can boot up inside or not! Any word on Stratton? Or Killington? That way you have covered any possibilities for my winter unless I fly somewhere!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly