• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vail buys Okemo, Sunapee, Crested Butte & Stevens Pass

Jilly

Staff member
That's what the Intrawest group did. Waited till this season to get things together. Now we're Ikon. But they still have a local only Tonik pass. I did hear late in the season that more options were coming in the fall. Probably a student and/or weekday only pass. Those we're in the original offering in April. I'm waiting to see what else these 2 are up too. RCR is on the Epic pass with limited days. So Mt. Ste. Anne, Le Relais and 2 out west, but not the big Banff areas. Also there are lots of places in the interior of BC.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are answers to Frequently Asked Questions for anyone who has an Okemo, Sunapee, Crested Butte, or Stevens Pass seasons pass:

https://www.epicpass.com/info/new-epic-resorts-faqs.aspx
A pretty good job of covering all likely questions from more than one viewpoint. I would guess that similar questions were asked when the three midwest ski areas were purchased and integrated into Epic a few years ago. First section is more general and is good for letting people know what is included in Epic passes in general. Second section has more info for past season pass holders who may already have bought a local pass or are wondering what happens after 2018-19. Clearly trying to encourage people to switch to Epic for 2018-19, even if they already bought a Triple Peaks pass of some sort during early season sales.

If I already purchased a Vail Resorts season pass which does not include Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, and Stevens Pass, can I upgrade in order to receive it?
Yes, you can upgrade your pass at the current advertised price by calling 970-754-0008. Your pass benefits will remain the same. Please note that the season pass offices at Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, and Stevens Pass cannot currently sell Epic products.

I have purchased both an Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, or Stevens Pass season pass AND an Epic pass product. Can I get a refund?
Refunds of your Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, or Stevens Pass season pass purchases will be accepted following closure of the acquisitions. More information on process for receiving refunds on Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, or Stevens Pass products to be announced after closure of the acquisitions.

I own an Epic Pass. Can I return it in order to purchase a single Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, or Stevens Pass pass?
Epic Passes are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Pass refunds are available only when a guest purchased Pass insurance and has a valid claim under the insurance policy.

I own an Epic Pass. Can I use my benefit tickets at Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, and Stevens Pass?
Yes. Pending completion of the acquisitions, the Epic Pass and other Vail Resorts’ season pass holder benefit tickets will be available for redemption at all four resorts in the 2018/19 ski season. Rates for Buddy Tickets at each resort will be released after the close of the acquisitions.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Listen, when I have a midlife crisis and quit my job to live in the mountains with little more than an elderly tabby cat and a bottle opener, I go all in. I'm arranging a semi-sabbatical year during which I minimize work hours and maximize biking/skiing time. A financial advisor would be apoplectic at the fiscal stupidity of it all, but lucky for me I can't afford a financial advisor.

There we have it. The pull quote for the back jacket of @SallyCat ’s pending book release.

No pressure. ;)

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry, Ski Diva!

Since you ski at Okemo, can you tell us about the character of the place, the atmosphere, and what might change now that it is part of a bigger group of ski areas? I've heard, for example, that it's a decent place to work. When independent areas are bought, I'm curious about what may change for employees, not just customers.

Me? I'm hoping the influx of funding will prompt them to stay open a bit later in the spring. It's always a bummer when they close down operations with plenty of good snow.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It is a decent place to work, so I'll be curious to see if they make any changes, most notably to the benefits they offer employees (lift passes, discounts, etc). I'm also wondering if there'll be any changes to the infrastructure. The main base lodge could use some serious updating (really, it needs to be torn down and rebuilt), so we'll see if that happens. Other than that, time will tell.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Previously, I hadn't read much about Erica, the daughter of Tim and Diane Mueller. Turns out she was a pro snowboarder. She had become a VP at Crested Butte around the time that her older brother Ethan moved from CB to NH. He was President of CB and VP for Triple Peaks. Erica had trained at Steamboat. She's been out in Colorado for a while. In recent years, she's been skiing more than boarding.

https://gazette.com/former-pro-snow...crested-butte-mountain-resort/article/1596097

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be interested to see what changes they make too. I've been a mid week pass holder since early 90's when I became a "gore refugee"

The base lodge definitely could use some updating. as for the stairs at the main base, I valet myself, drop my skis park and walk up the side road. I am always thrilled when Jackson Gore opens. Over the years the Mueller's imho have done a great job updating the Mt. From Poma lifts in the early days to Bubble lifts, impeccable grooming and snowmaking and super customer service.

I wish they'd give me more days at EPIC resorts but doubtful w/my mid week pass, one can wish though

marzNC

Angel Diva
Did Okemo season passholders ever venture over to Sunapee? Or was it more the other way around? It seems as if there are a few major projects in the planning stage for Sunapee that might happen sooner with financial support from Vail Resorts.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Did Okemo season passholders ever venture over to Sunapee? Or was it more the other way around? It seems as if there are a few major projects in the planning stage for Sunapee that might happen sooner with financial support from Vail Resorts.

It takes just over an hour for me to get to Sunapee, so though it's a nice mountain, I haven't been there for a few years. I know some people who ski over there, though, and they come to Okemo often enough. Sunapee always opens after Okemo, so they especially like to come early season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly