• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah skiing good for families with beginners/intermediates, not just advanced/experts

marzNC

Angel Diva
Seems to be an inclination to get parents to realize that mountains that advanced and expert skiers rave about also have green/blue terrain. SkiUtah recently posted an article that feels more geared to local families. But SkiUtah is for marketing to travelers.

October 15, 2021

I first skied Alta long ago as a teen who was an advance beginner on straight skis. My daughter was 7 when I first took her to ski Alta. It was very clear after even the first couple days of ski school that Alta is a wonderful place for kids to learn to enjoy not only groomers but also trees early on. When my friend took her kids a while later, she was an advanced beginner who had only skied at Massanutten for 4-5 days for a few seasons. She has had a great time skiing Alta in April in recent years. The upgrade of the Supreme lift to a high-speed quad that starts at Alf's made the Supreme trails even easier for advanced beginners and intermediates to lap all day long.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a great resource! Planning a trip to Utah in 2024 at the moment; had such a great time there a couple of years ago promised the kids we'd take them with us next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing