• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah LCC/BCC 2022-23 conditions, parking - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Came across a video review of Alta that is quite comprehensive. The creator is from the PacNW. Keep in mind that early March 2022 was a time of unusually low snow in LCC.
Thanks for posting this video -- it really is a great intro to Alta, and provided me with some very happy memories. I hope I can get back there in the near future!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Peak Rankings seems to be doing video reviews of some destination resorts. Here's a thorough comparison of Alta and Snowbird

Alta and Snowbird are on opposite sides of Mt. Baldy. It's an unusual situation in that they are very different and totally independent businesses, but it's possible to have a day ticket or pass that allows someone to ski at both resorts on the same day. Must be a skier though because Alta does not allow snowboarders on the lifts. Although a boarder can hike Mt. Baldy from the Snowbird side and slide down to the Wildcat base of Alta.

November 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
The delays for finishing up the new 6-pack for Sunnyside is going to mess up beginners in December. Although Alta Ski Co. chose to leave the Albion lift in place, it can't be used as a backup as long as there is a construction zone nearby. A bit of a surprise that someone with a season pass who feels they won't be able to get their money's worth because of the delay will be able to get a full refund.

November 14, 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
Solitude has a new app available for iOS and Android users. Sounds as if lift status and tracking are features.

marzNC

Angel Diva
According to the Alta Lodge newsletter, the Albion lift will be spinning by early December until the new Sunnyside lift installation is finished. The hope is that will happen before Christmas.

November 23, 2022, Alta Lodge Newsletter
"Although the Sunnyside chairlift replacement project continues to be a work in progress, Alta is hoping to have the newly upgraded six-person lift running before Christmas. In the meantime, the Albion chair will come out of retirement and start spinning in early December, offering more access to green runs in the Albion basin. Although beginner terrain is currently limited to the Snowpine lift, the Alta Lodge tow and the transfer tow, new and beginner skiers are enjoying the fantastic early season conditions as much as seasoned Alta skiers. Check out Alta's Lift and Terrain status to keep up-to-date on all the openings."

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are good summaries of what's new for 2022-23 around SLC on Senior Skiing.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Scribble what r the conditions @alta? Apparently Supreme is open via the old traverse which I remember as icy & crazy narrow.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been following the changes to the ski bus routes that have been announced for next year. Does anyone have thoughts? Last year I made 2 trips and took the bus both times (and free with IKON), it was fantastic.

Details: Route 953, which travels from Midvale Fort Union Station to Alta Ski Resort, will be suspended. Route 901, which travels from Salt Lake City to Park City, will also be suspended.
  • Route 972, which travels from Midvale to Solitude/Brighton will change from a 15-minute service to a 30-minute service.
  • Route 994, which goes from Sandy to Snowbird/Alta, will also shift to a 30-minute service.
UTA busses r going 2b 20% bigger. UTA starts on Dec 11. U may be able 2 get a ride at the bus stop cuz 4+ occupants parking is free at solitude.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I've been under the weather and haven't made it back out since the Saturday after they opened. Conditions and coverage were surprisingly good. A little scraped off at the top of Mambo. Blues were well groomed, Nina's was the only groomed black. Flatter off piste areas had really good fill. The cat track back from Supreme was nice and smooth, maybe a touch icey in the shadows.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been under the weather and haven't made it back out since the Saturday after they opened. Conditions and coverage were surprisingly good. A little scraped off at the top of Mambo. Blues were well groomed, Nina's was the only groomed black. Flatter off piste areas had really good fill. The cat track back from Supreme was nice and smooth, maybe a touch icey in the shadows.
Hope u feel better. New storm is here ❄️⛷️

marzNC

Angel Diva
The impact of the GM who started at Solitude last season is coming through during the 2022-23 early season. Solitude open very early thanks to help from Mother Nature. Today's email notes that "With over 100" of snow and one of the earliest openings to date, Honeycomb Canyon is serving up some amazing early season turns." All Solitude lifts are running and there has been 109" of snow so far this season.

To learn more about Amber Broadaway, check out the Storm Skiing podcast interview. She grew up in Vermont and learned a lot working at Sugarbush.

March 2022

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The impact of the GM who started at Solitude last season is coming through during the 2022-23 early season. Solitude open very early thanks to help from Mother Nature. Today's email notes that "With over 100" of snow and one of the earliest openings to date, Honeycomb Canyon is serving up some amazing early season turns." All Solitude lifts are running and there has been 109" of snow so far this season.

To learn more about Amber Broadaway, check out the Storm Skiing podcast interview. She grew up in Vermont and learned a lot working at Sugarbush.

March 2022
Honeycomb is going 2b sketchy as it is super steep. Solitude Base is at 50". Powderhorn cannot b groomed. Brighton has better coverage. The just opened Solbright 4 experts only.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for sharing. I’ve booked three trips to SLC - weekend of Jan 7, longer weekend on jan 26 and weekend of Feb 10th. I am excited! I may try to upgrade my boots if I can.
Lmk if u wanna 2 meet up & take some turns. ⛷️ I am a weekend warrior

marzNC

Angel Diva
The latest update for the new Sunnyside lift at Alta as of Dec. 3:

"SUNNYSIDE PROGRESS REPORT:
  • Tuesday and Wednesday, December 5th and 6th: Crews plan to splice the cable. We expect to close Homerun and there will be no exit through the Albion Basin.
The completion of these two projects is an essential step in allowing us to run the Albion lift. We will provide an estimated opening date for the Albion lift as soon as we know. Thanks for your continued patience"

marzNC

Angel Diva
Latest happy email status update from Alta:

Dec. 14, 2022
Alta's 85th winter has already delivered deep turns and memories that will last a lifetime. We are beyond grateful for the plentiful storms that continue to roll up Little Cottonwood Canyon.

We have received 205 inches of snow on the season and are skiing on a 95-inch base. It's the best start to a season in almost two decades.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Sunnyside lift at Alta won't open by Christmas. Albion will be open during the holiday period for the long greens in Albion Basin.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.37.39 PM.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly