• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah LCC/BCC 2020-21 conditions, parking - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

marzNC

Angel Diva
March 2021 wasn't a banner month for LCC/BCC, but at least the snowpack trend move along the same curve as the average. I'll be paying closer attention in the next few days since I and my friends will start skiing at Alta by April 2. The end of 7-day operations is April 18. We'll have a couple of weeks meeting up with old and new friends, so will be happy with whatever snow conditions we get. Of course, a powder day or two would be a bonus and usually happens at least once in early April.

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.21.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.21.58 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Evan can't tell exactly when it will happen, but he expects more powder in Utah before the season winds down in mid-April. Last day for 7-day operations at Alta is April 18.

I'll track the daily forecasts until I actually make it to Alta, which is in less than a week. Looks like Bill will be arriving for spring skiing when he gets to Alta Lodge in a few days.

From OpenSnow as of March 30, 9pm MDT
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 11.29.59 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
As expected, the forecast for Alta shifted a bit for the upcoming weekend. Seems pretty clear that there will be fresh snow for a few days next week.

From OpenSnow as of March 31, 6pm MDT

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.32.01 PM.png

BReeves215

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Getting super excited!! I’m not sure if it’s more for the skiing or for the fact that I won’t have to grocery shop for, cook for, or clean up after anyone for 7 days!! Just kidding, it’s definitely for the opportunity to ski in the midst of a pandemic in beautiful conditions (although the abdication of kitchen duty is definitely a close second)
As expected, the forecast for Alta shifted a bit for the upcoming weekend. Seems pretty clear that there will be fresh snow for a few days next week.

From OpenSnow as of March 31, 6pm MDT

View attachment 15432

marzNC

Angel Diva
This weekend will clearly be warm in LCC. But could cool down a lot by Monday night.

From OpenSnow as of April 1, 8pm MDT

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.52.35 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Really, really warm at Alta today. The thermometer on an outside wall at Alta Lodge said it was over 60 around 2:00.

Forecast continues to shift.

From OpenSnow as of April 3, 5pm MDT

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 5.47.01 PM.png

newbieM

Angel Diva
My BF was at Brighton today and said it was 60 and crazy warm. He said their were a lot of half naked people on the mountain and people in swimsuits. Crazy!

A wee bit nervous about heading out next week. I’m also wondering if it makes sense to splurge on an epic pass and use it for free spring skiing instead of Alta and then be set for next year. I’m just having trouble figuring out if that makes sense being that it’s my first season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A wee bit nervous about heading out next week. I’m also wondering if it makes sense to splurge on an epic pass and use it for free spring skiing instead of Alta and then be set for next year. I’m just having trouble figuring out if that makes sense being that it’s my first season.
As you can see from the forecast, temps will be normal spring weather by next weekend.

As for whether it's worth the travel costs to ski Alta versus getting Epic, that's harder to say. Where would you use Epic in the next month? Next season?

newbieM

Angel Diva
Ahh I meant IKON pass. I would use it next year at Alta, Brighton, solitude and have the option to go to my local mountain big bear. I’m going to think about it this week. I’m just not great at planning that far ahead as a single mom who knows what my free time looks like next year when I have one in high school, one in middle and one in elementary. But I’m hoping to get at least one week of skiing next year and a few weekends when I don’t have the kids.
I’m going to try and do the math this week and see what makes sense. I may just play it safe and use my BF buddy pass to get some discount passes when I’m there next weekend.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ahh I meant IKON pass. I would use it next year at Alta, Brighton, solitude and have the option to go to my local mountain big bear. I’m going to think about it this week. I’m just not great at planning that far ahead as a single mom who knows what my free time looks like next year when I have one in high school, one in middle and one in elementary. But I’m hoping to get at least one week of skiing next year and a few weekends when I don’t have the kids.
I’m going to try and do the math this week and see what makes sense. I may just play it safe and use my BF buddy pass to get some discount passes when I’m there next weekend.
Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you were pretty hooked on Alta, and other places in Utah that aren't on Epic.

What happens with a multi-resort pass, or a season pass of any kind, is that normally that means the pass holder is more likely to ski more. Certainly at least enough to do a little better than breakeven. The price increase for Ikon has been $150-200 between the Early Bird and final price.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Winter seems to be coming back to Alta tomorrow. It got up to 60 at the base today. Hard to imagine it will only be in the 20s on Tuesday.

From OpenSnow as of April43, 9pm MDT

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.03.01 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Official snow total on the Alta website was 13 inches, with 4 coming during the day. The most productive period was 4am and about noon today. The snow on the Collins side seemed to be a little denser than on Supreme.

In the afternoon after 2pm, there was not any more snow but heavy fog on the upper mountain. By dinner time the skies had cleared almost completely.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 9.34.09 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Omg did I just see you got 11 inches at Alta? Let us know how it is.
I imagine @marzNC is powder skiing right now! Would love a report too when your ski day is done. Hope it is great!!! I’ll be there tomorrow ✅
Certainly was a fun powder day! Especially since so few locals showed up. Of course, they were out in noticeable numbers the day after when Ballroom, the Backside, and Catherine's opened up.

I'm putting pictures in the trip report:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-alta-in-april-2021.25755/#post-436070

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting to pay attention to what might happen next week in terms of more snow. :snow:

From OpenSnow as of April 9, 7:30am MDT

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 6.58.28 AM.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna