• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah LCC/BCC 2020-21 conditions, parking - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

Scribble

Angel Diva
We're considering going with AltaBird passes next year and were waiting for Alta to publish their pricing before we decide whether to buy from them or Snowbird. The parking reservation benefit might kick Alta into favor for us as this isn't mentioned as a benefit on Snowbird's season pass page. What isn't clear to me is whether this benefit applies to Alta, Snowbird, or both, and if this refers to free or paid parking.

Has anyone heard about Alta's plans for parking next season? Their parking page only mentions the current policy.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We're considering going with AltaBird passes next year and were waiting for Alta to publish their pricing before we decide whether to buy from them or Snowbird. The parking reservation benefit might kick Alta into favor for us as this isn't mentioned as a benefit on Snowbird's season pass page. What isn't clear to me is whether this benefit applies to Alta, Snowbird, or both, and if this refers to free or paid parking.

Has anyone heard about Alta's plans for parking next season? Their parking page only mentions the current policy.
Alta and Snowbird are two completely different companies. Didn't start working together at all until Mineral Basin was developed around 2000. If you buy a multiday ticket from Alta and want to upgrade to AltaBird access for a day, you have to do it at Alta. Same for Snowbird. One morning when I was waiting for someone near Alta Guest Services, there was an older man who ended up driving to Snowbird to do the upgrade for himself and another man because that hadn't been made clear.

The email I got from Alta recently said that parking reservations on weekends and holidays would be a perk for Alta season passholders. That could only be for the Wildcat and Albion lots, which Alta Ski Lifts control. The 2021-22 pass prices are on the website, but have to scroll down to see them. Haven't changed much.

How often do you think you'd want to ski Snowbird? Alta passholders get one day free at Snowbird, plus 50% off on Snowbird lift tickets as a MCP reciprocity benefit.

I talked to a man from the midwest several years ago who spends the winters at a condo in Sandy. He would alternate season passes between Alta and Snowbird.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I'm referring to the AltaBird season pass, not the daily pass upgrades. I should have mentioned that, since they're named the same! You can purchase it from either resort but they have different perks.

I don't have a huge interest in skiing Snowbird, in particular, but for the difference in price it might be fun. We'll get the Ikon pass addon if we go this route, It is discounted to $269 with the combined pass, so for $20 more we'd have unlimited days at both resorts VS the 5 days we'd get if we did a regular Alta season + Ikon. I'm just not sure it'll be worth it over the price of an Alta midweek pass + Ikon base pass, since those 5 days could be used on non-blackout weekends to access either resort if I wanted. I'd have other resorts to ski on weekends and could save the 5 days for some late season Snowbird days. Decisions!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't have a huge interest in skiing Snowbird, in particular, but for the difference in price it might be fun. We'll get the Ikon pass addon if we go this route, It is discounted to $269 with the combined pass, so for $20 more we'd have unlimited days at both resorts VS the 5 days we'd get if we did a regular Alta season + Ikon. I'm just not sure it'll be worth it over the price of an Alta midweek pass + Ikon base pass, since those 5 days could be used on non-blackout weekends to access either resort if I wanted. I'd have other resorts to ski on weekends and could save the 5 days for some late season Snowbird days. Decisions!
Alta is also offering Ikon Base for $269 as an add-on.

Obviously I have a strong bias towards Alta over Snowbird. I've skied enough at Snowbird in the last 5-6 years to know that if I spend a week in the SLC area, I'm unlikely to want to ski at Snowbird for more than a day. In December I was staying at the Iron Blosam and only skied at Alta.

Definitely a different decision process than last season with the Ikon add-on option.

Scribble

Angel Diva
Ah! I didn't realize that the Ikon addon was available with the regular Alta pass, it was only listed in the AltaBird season pass description on Alta's site. That makes it an easy decision! Not having more than one day to ski over to Mineral basin isn't really a big deal for me, but I see that you can still upgrade to include Snowbird for the day. I can't imagine needing/wanting to do that unless I'm meeting up with others, TBH.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Took a look at the lift ticket prices for Alta on the webpage that seems to be for 2021-22. Looks like there will be Peak and Off-Peak prices for all categories. That's new. Also the first time I've ever found the rates for afternoon tickets. An afternoon ticket (ticket window only) can be useful for someone staying slopeside who flies in early enough to ski in the afternoon if it's a powder day.

Off-Peak/Peak
$104/141 full day - online
$129/149 Adult - window

Ticket window only
$107/117 12:30-4:30
$54/64 2:30-4:30
$57/67 Beginner (Sunnyside lift)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members