• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah LCC/BCC 2015-16 - Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton

marzNC

Angel Diva
Since my first trip to Alta Lodge is coming up soon, thought it was time to start a conditions thread for LCC/BCC. I check Wasatch Snow Forecast pretty regularly so that gives a pretty good idea of what's coming up. But if anyone is skiing at Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, or Brighton, always nice to have first-hand reports and maybe a pic or two.

For those who haven't skied in Utah, some terminology:

LCC - Little Cottonwood Canyon, Alta at the end, Snowbird a mile closer to SLC
BCC - Big Cottonwood Canyon, Brighton at the end of the road, Solitude a couple miles closer to SLC
UTA- Utah Transit Authority for ski bus that runs to LCC and BCC
UTA TRAX - light rail around SLC, has stop at airport
SuperPass - multi-resort pass for LCC/BCC that includes UTA transit pass, an option for trips 4-7 days
Parley's Canyon - where Park City and Deer Valley are located
Ogden Valley - where Snowbasin and Powder Mountain are located

marzNC

Angel Diva
Forgot I started this thread. My crew's first ski day at Alta was yesterday, Sat, 1/30/16. It was a powder day! Perfect temps, in the low 20s, very little wind all day, snowing steadily all day while the lifts were open. Anyone who was uncomfortable skiing 6+ inches of powder, even on groomers, was at the wrong ski resort.

Road closed at 6am for avalanche work. Interlodge in the Town of Alta from 6:30-8:45am. Was a good long weekend to have decided to stay at Alta Lodge instead of in the city. A few places opened late, like the Alta Ski Shop and the Alta Lodge rope tow, because staff driving up the road were delayed by the road closure.

Collins maze just before opening on 1/30, snow started the evening before, some people in line drove up between 4:30 and 6:00am.
Alta 30Jan2016 - 2.jpg

Alta Lodge deck around 12:30pm
Alta 30Jan2016 - 4.jpg

mid-afternoon below the Wildcat lift
Alta 30Jan2016 - 5.jpg

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been home for 24 hours, and I'm pining for Utah.
How long does the season last out there?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been home for 24 hours, and I'm pining for Utah.
How long does the season last out there?
The last day of full operations at Alta will be April 17. Snowbird opens much later, perhaps into mid-May or even late May if the weather cooperates. After mid-April Alta is open a few weekends. Note that not all lifts are running during late season. Snowbird does late season specials.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting to read the Wasatch Snow Forecast daily again. The storm Sun night dropped 10-11 inches on LCC, 8-12 inches on BCC. Brighton seems to report higher than Solitude fairly often. Hopefully there will be a few more storms before I get back to Alta Lodge on March 29.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowbird late season will be quite different than recent years. The tram and all of Peruvian Gulch will close on April 18 for quite a few weeks. They are going to replace the tram cables, which are the original cables. Snowbird has a plan that keeps a few other lifts and trails open longer than usual in late April and May. They need the tram during the summer season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna