• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah 2018-19: travel planning, snow conditions, deals

alison wong

Angel Diva
From Alta FB page:

Alta Demo Day: April 6th 2019

FREE EVENT - The Alta Ski Shop, The Powder House Ski Shops and Alta Ski Area would like to invite you to participate in our annual Alta in April Demo Day on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Come check out the newest skis and gear for 2019-2020.
(All participants will need to provide their own lift ticket.)

Registration opens at 8:30 am. Participants will sign a liability waiver, a DIN waiver and will post a credit card deposit.

Confirmed Companies Attending:
Pit Viper
Faction
Rossignol
Dynastar
K2
Fischer
Atomic
Libtech
Blizzard
Nordica
Technica
ON3P
DPS
Volkl
Moment
Armada
Salomon

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alta Lift Tickets:

Who offers the best multi-day ticket cost for Alta?

I don’t have any type of pass for Alta. In the past, I’ve just purchased a multi-day ticket a few days in advance from Alta dot com and received a small discount. If I feel like going to Sniwbird, I’ve just upgraded that morning at the window. Is buying through Alta online the best deal?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alta Lift Tickets:

I don’t have any type of pass for Alta. In the past, I’ve just purchased a multi-day ticket a few days in advance from Alta dot com and received a small discount. If I feel like going to Sniwbird, I’ve just upgraded that morning at the window. Is buying through Alta online the best deal?
If you are willing to commit to specific dates, Liftopia can have slightly better prices than the Alta website. I have friends who do that for late season trips and they ski Alta 5-6 days.

JessIsTryingToSki

Certified Ski Diva
Alta Lift Tickets:

AJ Motion Sports has good one-day prices for Alta and AWESOME multi day prices for Snowbird.

Ski N See has similar prices.

Snowbasin is 25% off if you buy online. Or if you join the Facebook group Snowbasin ski /Ride Social group, there are people offering up buddy passes for free (50% off)

jenniferm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From Alta FB page:

Alta Demo Day: April 6th 2019

FREE EVENT - The Alta Ski Shop, The Powder House Ski Shops and Alta Ski Area would like to invite you to participate in our annual Alta in April Demo Day on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Come check out the newest skis and gear for 2019-2020.
(All participants will need to provide their own lift ticket.)

Registration opens at 8:30 am. Participants will sign a liability waiver, a DIN waiver and will post a credit card deposit.

Confirmed Companies Attending:
Pit Viper
Faction
Rossignol
Dynastar
K2
Fischer
Atomic
Libtech
Blizzard
Nordica
Technica
ON3P
DPS
Volkl
Moment
Armada
Salomon

Work has sadly interfered with my ski season and I'm trying to salvage it with a long weekend in April somewhere that I can get to easily from NYC.

So if anyone is interested in this, or something else in April, please let me know!

I'm assuming Vermont/New England is over by April but if anyone knows different I'd consider that too.

TIA,

Jennifer

MissySki

Angel Diva
Work has sadly interfered with my ski season and I'm trying to salvage it with a long weekend in April somewhere that I can get to easily from NYC.

So if anyone is interested in this, or something else in April, please let me know!

I'm assuming Vermont/New England is over by April but if anyone knows different I'd consider that too.

TIA,

Jennifer

A number of resorts in New England will be open well into April, some close to the end. Killington in particular will be open beyond April as well.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m at Alta end of March.
With about a week to go before I'm at Alta, starting to check the weather forecast daily. Looking good for late March and early April! Snow and temps in the high 20s for March 28-30. :snow:

OpenSnow forecast for Alta as of 3/27/19
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 10.16.54 AM.png

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My advance team is checked into GMD, they’re awaiting some snow! It’s quite warm in SLC though, 58 degrees. Spring has sprung!

marzNC

Angel Diva
My advance team is checked into GMD, they’re awaiting some snow! It’s quite warm in SLC though, 58 degrees. Spring has sprung!
The advantage of spring skiing in Utah is that some locals are ready for spring sports and not as likely to make the drive up LCC/BCC for skiing. For them, an inch or two is not enough incentive.

It was 38º mid-mountain at Alta as of 5pm MT. :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not surprisingly, the forecast for the next few days shifted a bit. In this case, the total between now and Sunday went up. :thumbsup:

May be possible to demo powder skis in powder conditions during the annual Alta Demo Day, which is on April 6 for 2019.

From OpenSnow 3/2i8/19, early morning
Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 8.24.33 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Deer Valley and Park City are getting a few inches less out of the current storm compared to LCC/BCC, but still a good dump of perhaps up to 10 inches over a couple days. Both are closing on April 7, even though Easter is April 21 for 2019. Looking at the temperature forecast, it's easier to understand why.

Hoping to check out DV for the first time using Ikon one day next week.

OpenSnow for Deer Valley as of 3/29/19
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.14.06 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Closing dates from SkiUtah as of 3/29/19, sorted by date. Per usual Snowbird will be last to close but will start closing lifts in late April.

Nordic Valley : March 30, 2019
Eagle Point : March 31, 2019

Beaver : Sunday, March 31. Beaver will reopen Thursday-Sunday, April 4 - 7th, 2019.
Sundance : April 7, 2019
Powder Mountain : April 7, 2019
Deer Valley : April 7, 2019 - Ikon
Park City Mountain : April 7, 2019 - Epic

Snowbasin : April 14, 2019 - MCP (last season before going to Epic)
Solitude : April 14, 2019 - Ikon, MCP

Brian Head : April 21, 2019
Alta : Sunday, April 21, 2019 - Ikon, MCP
Alta will reopen for a bonus weekend Friday-Sunday, April 26 - 28, 2019

Brighton : TBD - Ikon
Snowbird : TBD #LongestSeasonInUtah - Ikon, MCP

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowbasin might be extending a week.
And they got a very big surprise 16 inches overnight. It was crazy! Not the best density snow, but not the worst, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly