• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

USA Climbing Moms?

Do any of you Divas have kids who are indoor climbers who compete in USA Climbing comps? My 15 year old daughter is on a rock gym team and she's competing in USA Divisional Championships tomorrow in New Jersey. It occurred to me that maybe there are other moms on the forum with kids who participate in USA climbing comps...

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:smile: Yes, whole bunch of kids from our team were there. Mine did not do bouldering this year, but will do sport in spring. How did your daughter do? I assume she is with Central Rock, Hadley team?

Yes naskis, she's with Central Rock Hadley. She made it to finals and placed 9th. There was an international champion in her division so she only missed it by 1 spot. Today she will find out if any of the first round invitees decline their invitation and if so, she's headed to Nationals!

What team are your kids with? What gym?

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes naskis, she's with Central Rock Hadley. She made it to finals and placed 9th. There was an international champion in her division so she only missed it by 1 spot. Today she will find out if any of the first round invitees decline their invitation and if so, she's headed to Nationals!

What team are your kids with? What gym?

My son is with team Waimea, Boston Rock Gym. I hope she makes it! Good luck!

I met some of the climbers from Team Waimea last weekend, great team! Looks like the 8 invitees for Youth Girls A in Division 5 all accepted, so no Nationals for Sara this time! So close!

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you!
I'm sorry that Sara did not get in. Is she going to do the sport climbing comps in spring? Maybe I'll see you there :smile:

BTW, do you climb too?

Yes, she's planning to climb SCS season for sure. I don't climb, though my husband has started doing some bouldering. Do you? When I know what comps I'm going to, I'll let you know and please do the same. Sara has an AP Chem review on April 6 which I think is the comp at your gym so we won't be there. What's your son's name? Feel free to send me a message if you like.

naskis

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I climb too. Not as much as DH though...
I'm sending you a message since posting his name would be a dead give away :smile:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly