• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Uphill ski pressure

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So this just popped up on my FB feed and I thought I'd throw it out there and get your thoughts ?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
After my lesson I have been working on this and have discovered good results. I’m obviously still working on it, because skiing is clearly a lifelong learning exercise.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After my lesson I have been working on this and have discovered good results. I’m obviously still working on it, because skiing is clearly a lifelong learning exercise.
I'll have to wait a few months to give it a go but I like the sound of it, I need all the help I can get on the steeps :laughter:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Key is "steep and deep." I was lucky enough to have a powder lesson in December at Wolf Creek. It was a followup to a semi-private full-day lesson the day before during a pretty big snowstorm. Based on a few things we were working on, what Egan says and the video makes sense for DEEP powder where having equal pressure and a narrower stance is helpful.

The uphill ski is also the "inside ski." The inside ski needs to be the leader in general. That probably can't happen as effectively if too unweighted in deep snow on steep terrain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly