• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

UPDATE: Moment Sierra Ladies skis

Beasteroo

Certified Ski Diva
Hi girls!

We all were talking about 1 ski quivers last year, and I believe I found it!

I bought Moment Sierras, and I'm in love! I live in the Seattle area, and I've had them on groomers, bumps and some decent powder. They are SO MUCH FUN! They are light, responsive, and very, very fun on every surface. They aren't powder planks, but they love to surf and they turn, turn, turn. I ran them through some nice bumps, and they floated through. They feel really solid on the steeps, they are fun on the groomers, and they rip through the pow. What's not to like?

Moment is on to something with the "Mustache Rocker." A lot of other major manufacturers are following suit and including "underfoot camber" in their skis this year. I have been so jazzed about these skis that I haven't tried anything else, so can't compare. But these skis are great here, in SLC and CO. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

https://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2015-2016-moment-sierra

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Hi girls!

We all were talking about 1 ski quivers last year, and I believe I found it!

I bought Moment Sierras, and I'm in love! I live in the Seattle area, and I've had them on groomers, bumps and some decent powder. They are SO MUCH FUN! They are light, responsive, and very, very fun on every surface. They aren't powder planks, but they love to surf and they turn, turn, turn. I ran them through some nice bumps, and they floated through. They feel really solid on the steeps, they are fun on the groomers, and they rip through the pow. What's not to like?

Moment is on to something with the "Mustache Rocker." A lot of other major manufacturers are following suit and including "underfoot camber" in their skis this year. I have been so jazzed about these skis that I haven't tried anything else, so can't compare. But these skis are great here, in SLC and CO. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

https://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2015-2016-moment-sierra
I was just reading about these! Wonder if there are ever demos or if you just buy and hope for the best!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am IN LOVE with the current Sierra topsheets. They sound like a fantastic ski too! They rate very highly in the blister buyers guide too, as a fantastic one ski quiver.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am IN LOVE with the current Sierra topsheets. They sound like a fantastic ski too! They rate very highly in the blister buyers guide too, as a fantastic one ski quiver.
I looked at the topsheets and was like "ooh, SHINY". They remind me more of snowboard graphics (which I have to say is one of the reasons I have considered going to the dark side...)

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just reading about these! Wonder if there are ever demos or if you just buy and hope for the best!
If you can get out to their shop, I think they let you demo for free! (They also give you free beer when you come in - helps grease the decision-making process, I'm sure :laughter:).

My husband has the men's version - Moment Deathwish 104 - and similarly raves about them. Super versatile, floats well, not as surfy as his Liberty Origin 101s but the edge grip is great on almost every surface. He prefers them most days. If I hadn't fallen in love with the Faction Dictators, I probably would've picked up a pair of Sierras too. Still want to demo them though - and the Bellas!

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I confess: I am not attracted to a ski named Deathwish. :eek:

Just sayin'. I must lack the macho gene. :rotf:
Lol! My understanding is the name came from the initial radicalness of the triple camber design - the guys at Moment invented it somewhat on a whim with no idea how it would turn out. Then they realized it was great. :thumbsup:

Blister posted a really good review of the original, fatter Deathwish last year: https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/ski-reviews/2019-2020-moment-deathwish

The new 104 version just came out this year but supposedly has a very similar feel, only damper and easier to edge. It's a great one ski quiver choice, and despite the name, is not very difficult to ski.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I love the name. They had a great top sheet a few years ago, too. But I’ve never been on that brand at all, so I had no idea whether they’d be good for me or not.

Have to say, though, i agree with not wanting the Deathwish.

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just looking at the moment sierra tour and moment Bella tour since I primarily backcountry ski. The Bella tour really intrigued me since my powder boards atomic millennium are over 10 years old and lots of great new lighter backcountry skis. They are not many places with them in stock. Almost tempted to pull the plug.

ESGCO

Certified Ski Diva
I was just looking at the moment sierra tour and moment Bella tour since I primarily backcountry ski. The Bella tour really intrigued me since my powder boards atomic millennium are over 10 years old and lots of great new lighter backcountry skis. They are not many places with them in stock. Almost tempted to pull the plug.
If you do go for it, please report back!

shadoj

Angel Diva
I don't backcountry, but I demo'd the Hot Mess last year and loved it. Super-fun ski, and really well-made. The few times I've run onto others skiing Moment skis, they rave about them. Blind purchases can be scary, but this one might not be too bad of an idea ;)

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If anyone is interested in hearing more about Moment, this was a fun podcast (my husband and I like ski gear podcasts going to and from ski trips). Time stamps are included if you want to skip straight to the women's skis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965