• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Unhealthiest foods in America ranked, and how much skiing it would take to burn them off.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting piece from Snowbrains.com:

The Xtreme Eating 2018 list is a collection of the unhealthiest foods at 200 American restaurant chains. Business Insider ranked the Xtreme Eating list highest to lowest based on calories, and the top of the list makes McDonald’s look like a healthy option.

Unhealthiest Meals in America
The Cheesecake Factory: Breakfast Burrito (2,730 calories)
Chili’s: Honey-Chipotle Crispers & Waffles (2,510 calories)
Shake Shack: Double SmokeShack, fries, and Peanut Butter Shake (2,240 calories)
Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Deep Dish Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese (2,320 calories)
Yard House: Vampire Taco Combo (2,040 calories)
AMC Cinemas: Bavarian Legend Soft Pretzel (1,920 calories)
The Cheesecake Factory: Chicken Parmesan “Pizza Style” (1,870 calories)
BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Peanut Butter S’mores Pizookie (1,580 calories)

The heavy hitters on this list are over 2,000 calories. They easily exceed the recommended daily calorie intake according to the Food and Drug Administration. But more importantly, can you ski it off?

Many skiers would say that if you ski hard enough, you can eat whatever you want. This might be a theory to enjoy apres grub guilt-free, but there could be some truth to it. It all depends on how hard you shred.

According to Harvard Medical School, downhill skiing burns anywhere from 360-532 calories per hour depending on weight. While activities like running and biking might burn more calories, skiing still helps you make up for that Cheesecake Factory Breakfast Burrito.

To burn off the top 5 highest calorie foods, you would need to ski 4-6 hours non stop. This is not counting chairlifts, so it might even take you two days. Higher intensity skiing will burn more calories, so mogul laps all day are encouraged. You’d need to ski like Jonny Moseley to burn off these tasty treats on a regular basis.

mustski

Angel Diva
For once, I am not on the "sin list." Usually, if it's forbidden, I'm there. Although I have eaten at most of these places, those are not my downfall foods! I must admit that skiing is my cheeseburger (or grilled cheese with bacon) excuse.

Jilly

Staff member
I think there might be a few Chili's in Canada. The rest no. I've heard of the cheesecake factory through Big Bang Theory.

Don't worry I'm sure we have some places just as bad. Poutine!!

Christy

Angel Diva
Plus there's the shame at having eaten at most of those places.

Clearly I haven't been to an AMC theater because I can't even conceive of how a pretzel could have that many calories.

Tvan

Angel Diva
How can it?

According to the AMC website, it weighs 1.5 pounds. Between the size and the cheese dipping sauce, it probably doesnt take much to get to 1900 calories!

newboots

Angel Diva
According to the AMC website, it weighs 1.5 pounds. Between the size and the cheese dipping sauce, it probably doesnt take much to get to 1900 calories!

Ugh

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Canadians can be as absurd as Americans!

I kind of thought we had cornered that market.

Humans have cornered that market. It isn’t based on where you live! Smart ones here, smart ones there, other ones here, other ones there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly