• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ugh, are you serious? My knee is injured again

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh - while my knee is still snap crackle popping, I do think PT and (when I can get to it) hot yoga are helping. I still can't do squats or anything like that with a relatively deep bend + load, but it's a pain more similar to what I had before - not the patellar tracking issue.

A pretty cool development: yesterday we did hero's pose toward the end of the hot yoga class. I sat on the shortest height of the block - but I needed the block not because of my knee, but because the pressure was bothering my ankle! My knee actually felt pretty good, and MUCH better than it had the previous week in the same pose.

Foam rolling and the lacrosse ball are still miserable, but I think they're helping. Along with the Graston.

I'd like to get out on my bike this weekend and see how that goes.

newboots

Angel Diva
I see "pleasant" in my medical chart so often that it makes me wonder if it's code for "obese." Or is everyone else an a-hole when they go to the doctor??

Lots of people can be (a-holes). Especially when they're really scared, or angry about how sick they are, or facing their mortality. Or in pain. And some are just a-holes.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was "well oriented" recently. Don't know how they determined it, since they didn't ask me which way was north!

Hahah! It means you know who you are, who the doc/nurse is, where you are, and the day/date. It's a low bar!
:clap:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Hahah! It means you know who you are, who the doc/nurse is, where you are, and the day/date. It's a low bar!
:clap:
I know. That's why I wasn't all that pleased about the comment. They could have at least modified it by saying I was "extremely well-oriented" or maybe "exceptionally well-oriented". This way, it just sounds like I wasn't actively drooling while they were speaking to me.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At least it wasn't "moderately well oriented"?

newboots

Angel Diva
Well, the consolation prize is that they probably didn't actually ask you all those questions, but noticed how well-oriented you were just by your extremely well-oriented interactions.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(Dupe of pugski post)

I think I have good news!

After the crazy pop, the sticking knee cap, the diagnosis of exacerbated chondromalacia, and lots of Graston technique - I was able to start riding my mountain bike again. And the more I ride, the better my knee feels. And the better my knee feels, the more I ride ... I'm even getting comfortable on technical stuff again.

With every ride, the knee is a bit achey for a while, then settles in. It's a little cranky that evening, but better the next day. I think I'm simply stretching out the patellar tendon (where he harvested the tissue for the graft).

I just tested my knee with squats and split squats, and while it's still not perfect - it's better than it was even a week ago. Like, a lot better!

I still have some limitations when riding, like I want to have my right leg forward, not back, when riding downhill - but it's a huge improvement from a month ago.

Trying not to feel like I'm waiting for something else to go wrong - and hopeful that I can stay functional through the skills camp I'm doing in late July.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you are close to the magical year anniversary of the surgery. I do not have peer reviewed literature but based on conversations with many people say that their knees are much better after the one year mark. Let's hope that is true!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna