• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tweaked my knee!

mustski

Angel Diva
Well, my season might have ended today. I caught an edge and tweaked my knee. I was able to ski on it without pain but it hurts to walk and stand.
A0590748-CBAA-4981-A6EB-B3816B0D1CE3.jpeg

Jilly

Staff member
@mustski that sucks--injuries are no fun. But it is a little funny to hear you say you have had a season ending injury...in June.

Kinda of my feelings too. More like tough sh$t really, mostly because you were still skiing, jealous. But there is never a good time for an injury. Get it looked at!!

mustski

Angel Diva
I was planning to end my season this week anyway. I’m just hoping this is something that will self resolve. It’s definitely weird- I can bear weight if I’m on my tippy toe, it didn’t hurt to ski down top to bottom, But it does to walk flat footed, I can lay on it, cross my leg, and the pain is in a strange location in my knee. I’m wondering if I hyper extended it.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last April I had something kind of similar end my season after I caught an edge. I kept skiing that day though- I was fine in ski boots, but my knee didn't want to straighten out properly to walk. Which of course I didn't figure out until after I took my boots off at the end of the day. It did "self resolve" though. Hopefully yours will too.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A year ago February I did something similar to my knee. Aggravated it 2 days later when plane gate was changed to far,far away. Spent a week limping and using a cane but was back skiing in 3 weeks. Rest up and don't aggravate it like I did. hope its better soon.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Quit at Day x minus one aka quit while you’re aAhead.
When I read your first post my thought was - Crap, someone messed up next season already?! Remember, the Dolomites await, but only if your knee works . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna