• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Trying to survive till November.....

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Wow, a long ago. Before my time....

Well, come back and try again!

Condition of Walsh is all over the place.

Skico is going to build a new run right behind Walsh. They are working on it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes I remember on the perimeter of the mountain. OMG I struggled on that! Think it was in the early 90’s so more like 20 years ago!!!! Oops 30 yrs ago!

I remember looking at some of the bumps on that side riding the lift up.. and was like.. nope! Lol I could get down, but it would very much take me forever on that pitch.

How would you compare that to stuff you like to ski at Taos?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Taos runs are narrower.

Walsh's was wide enough but I had no business attempting it .
I'm not sure what I would think now. It was a warm day and the bumps were soft enough but huge. Reminds me of Gunbarrel at Heavenly in the spring.
My ski buddy said it wasn't that difficult. It took me forever to make it down. Really I was probably at best advanced intermediate.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Am I saying my skiing hasn't progressed THAT much in 30 years? Oh no.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also hard to compare to Taos as it’s been so long. Most double blacks at Taos are a bit of a stretch for my comfort. Just ask @Olesya Chornoguz as I slid down one losing skis under the lift and she had to rescue me as folks on the lift watched.
Could be I’m 30 yrs older now.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also hard to compare to Taos as it’s been so long. Most double blacks at Taos are a bit of a stretch for my comfort. Just ask @Olesya Chornoguz as I slid down one losing skis under the lift and she had to rescue me as folks on the lift watched.
Could be I’m 30 yrs older now.
It was hard snow conditions with low snow coverage, and it was like 3:30 pm, end of the day. We were tired and should not have gone on that run. Glad it all ended well, and it happens.

Also Taos double blacks are no joke. I can enjoy few of the easiest trails like Kachina Main Street, Longhorn and Corner Chute and maybe Wild Wild West trees in good snow, but the rest of Taos double black terrain is a truly extreme super steep skiing. Very few people are comfortable skiing those double blacks. They hold free ride championships at Taos for a reason.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna