• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Trying to survive till November.....

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Ugh, I cannot fix the title as it should say "survive"

So, I took a sabbatical from my profession a few years ago and became a ski bum.
I am trying to a few things to distract from missing skiing so much.
Went back to throwing some pieces at a studio, going hiking, riding, picking mushrooms, or kayaking in our back yard.....

Survival state.....

What are you guys doing?20220727_151819.jpg20220731_190501.jpg20220712_105639.jpgIMG_20211022_224249_457.jpg

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mountain biking has been my summer savior. The skill-building aspect is similar to skiing in some respects and it's a great workout. Also, there are a few great women's MTB groups in my area which adds a fun social aspect to it. It's also fun to go to downhill bike parks once in a while (Killington, Burke, Stratton, Sunapee). I'm no shredder, I just go to parks to work on my trail-riding skills. But it's fun to hang around a ski resort in the summer and enjoy the different vibe.

Also started messing around with digital photography. Work is a bit busy so I haven't been able to dive into it as much as I'd like, but it's been a fun learning experience so far.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, I cannot fix the title as it should say "survive"

Fixed it for you! :smile:

I've been doing stuff around the house. For example, my husband and I painted the entire interior, which is something we've put off for a very long time. Otherwise, I've been biking and doing a bit of travel. I just got back from Florida and this weekend I'm headed to the Jersey Shore for a few days.

Jilly

Staff member
The advantage of being on water....2X week for 1 1/2 hr of paddle practice. Add in the occasional race weekend. Time in my OC-1. And then that 4 letter word....WORK. Summer is our busy season. I'm at the point I'm turning work away. We can't get stuff, we don't have time in the shop when we do get it and I need to retire!

Edit - I need to add that I'm in the gym 2X week for weight and cardio training to add to the paddle workouts. September will end the on water and it's back to the machines...

Last edited:

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I started a new job a month ago so thats been my main source of "entertainment" I was laid off my last job so for two months I was catching up on projects around the house, suntanning, exercise, and gardening. I went skiing in Canada for a week. That helped tide me over. I should make it until November.
Otherwise just exercise some more, yardwork, and I got back on the rollerblades on Monday after not being on them since April. I plan on driving home on Labor day weekend to visit my family thats a couple states away so that will be another week of distraction.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Fixed it for you! :smile:

I've been doing stuff around the house. For example, my husband and I painted the entire interior, which is something we've put off for a very long time. Otherwise, I've been biking and doing a bit of travel. I just got back from Florida and this weekend I'm headed to the Jersey Shore for a few days.
Thank you!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I started a new job a month ago so thats been my main source of "entertainment" I was laid off my last job so for two months I was catching up on projects around the house, suntanning, exercise, and gardening. I went skiing in Canada for a week. That helped tide me over. I should make it until November.
Otherwise just exercise some more, yardwork, and I got back on the rollerblades on Monday after not being on them since April. I plan on driving home on Labor day weekend to visit my family thats a couple states away so that will be another week of distraction.
Where is home for you?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
- I spent the first month of summer excitedly driving to and from Boston to help my sister get ready for her baby. Baby is here and he looks exactly like how my sister and brother did as babies Except with curly hair.

- I painted the guest bedroom so that it's no longer a hideous aqua assault on the eyeballs (@NYSnowflake can attest to the aqua color). Now white with a green accent wall that matches the woods out the window. Planning to do the other guest room next -- two-tone, blue on the bottom, cream on top.

- I walked Spencer boy (the golden retriever) a LOT because of his ACL surgery and recovery.

And sadly, I have been working a bit too much and spending not enough time outside. Which leads me to the question -- how did you manage to take a sabbatical from your career, @Mudgirl630?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Where are you located?

I'm in Boulder, so in all but the absolute worst years we get someone winning the race to open in October and snowmaking getting going in September. Since A-Basin left the Epic Pass, Keystone, A-Basin, and Loveland are all on the early season train.

A-Basin is my always & forever true love but I'm not sure their October product is worth the drive from Aspen (where I think you are?). Keystone's, however, probably is. Their snowmaking system is a beast.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I'm in Boulder, so in all but the absolute worst years we get someone winning the race to open in October and snowmaking getting going in September. Since A-Basin left the Epic Pass, Keystone, A-Basin, and Loveland are all on the early season train.

A-Basin is my always & forever true love but I'm not sure their October product is worth the drive from Aspen (where I think you are?). Keystone's, however, probably is. Their snowmaking system is a beast.
Oh ha. I only live in Aspen for the entire ski season. Rest of the time, I am somewhere else.

Interesting.... I was not aware that Keystone starts that early..... Hmmm. I will keep my eye on to see what is happening there.

Thanks

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good news everybody: August means snowmaking starts NEXT MONTH. Our long July nightmare is over. ;)
Yessss! I have taking ballet and jazz, performed in 4 routines last weekend, also my job has been pretty busy. Now I am really starting to think about skiing and buying some new ski grear. We have indoor fridge ski slope here in New Jersey (American Dream mall) so hopefully can go there in the next few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna