• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TRX suspension training, what do you think?

marzNC

Angel Diva
On a slightly related topic, have you seen any of the workout fail compilations that have come out with so many people working out at home and on Zoom? A large number had to do with poorly installed TRX systems! Lol
Nope. Perhaps because I stay out of Facebook. Generally don't look at random video clips. Unless it's a link to some cute animals that comes from my daughter. :smile:

One time I was trying to show a friend how the TRX worked at a condo and didn't pick a good door. It was a rush because they were about to leave. The door opened because I didn't have enough experience with door mounts. Wasn't doing anything serious so no big deal. But I can imagine what can happen.

I did a training session using Zoom last week because it was raining. Was probably worth it but only because I've worked with my personal trainer for a while. I was doing a TRX routine we had done recently so that made a difference too. Finished up using BOSU. I didn't feel like trying to do something new using TRX since she couldn't really watch my form from multiple angles. That's what I want from a training session. For just exercise, at this point I can do stuff on my own or follow a video.

I did not, I ended up figuring that I was more likely to use it in classes at the gym. Though now that everything has changed so much and all workouts have been at home, I may go back on that!
TRX has a small sale at the moment. $20 off either of the two current versions. Not surprisingly, they are back ordered so have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

Jilly

Staff member
MarzNC does the door mount work well. I'm in a condo and don't where I could anchor it like the gym. Sportchek has 25% off this week!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
MarzNC does the door mount work well. I'm in a condo and don't where I could anchor it like the gym. Sportchek has 25% off this week!!
The better way is to use a door that opens away from you. That means the door frame is set up so that it's impossible for the door to accidentally open. I use the door mount in my basement all the time on a door to a bathroom. I've also used the door mount in hotel rooms and in vacation condos.

The TRX video shows a door mount in a hotel room and an apartment.

For a quick workout, I've used the door mount close to the hinge on a door that locks without any problem. The picture is from a room that had a connecting room, so there was an extra door with plenty of space.

TRX door.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
Perfect.....nothing like spending more money. But at the cottage, I can use a tree or use the proper anchors. Thanks.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting back with TRX workouts. Found a way to set it up outside at a resort a couple weeks ago. Was with my husband for a relaxing week closer to where our daughter is in college so that we could go visit with her. She started classes about a month before. It was still hot in central NC, so being in the NC mountains was nice. The timeshare resort and the surrounding area was pretty deserted after Labor Day.

I was only doing basic exercises and stretching. So didn't need a higher mount. Could use the picnic table bench to reach high enough to get the holding strap set up. It's an old style one. Current versions are better.

TRX at Lake Lure - 1.jpg

MissySki

Angel Diva
Starting back with TRX workouts. Found a way to set it up outside at a resort a couple weeks ago. Was with my husband for a relaxing week closer to where our daughter is in college so that we could go visit with her. She started classes about a month before. It was still hot in central NC, so being in the NC mountains was nice. The timeshare resort and the surrounding area was pretty deserted after Labor Day.

I was only doing basic exercises and stretching. So didn't need a higher mount. Could use the picnic table bench to reach high enough to get the holding strap set up. It's an old style one. Current versions are better.

View attachment 13650

Haha cool setup

marzNC

Angel Diva
Haha cool setup
I'd never used my TRX outdoors before 2020. Neither had my personal trainer. Once we started doing sessions in her backyard garden (small), we both liked it a lot better. She made a few changes to the garden area over the first few weeks that make it really nice. Especially in the spring and fall when the weather is good.

She worked on getting fans for the walk-out basement next to the garden. Also keeps the window open so in the summer when it's hot and humid, or the biting bugs get to be too much, or it rains, can always use that area.

For me personally, not going to pay for a Zoom private training session. What I like is learning new exercises when someone is checking my form. That really only works well in person.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me personally, not going to pay for a Zoom private training session. What I like is learning new exercises when someone is checking my form. That really only works well in person.

Depends on the trainer. I've been working with my trainer since late March. He is in the gym so he has access to the equipment. He does demonstrate new exercises. OMG, does he catch mistakes! I don't think he's paying attention but he does catch me using bad form. I think it's harder for him than in person but sure enough he sees what I'm doing and calls me on it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Depends on the trainer. I've been working with my trainer since late March. He is in the gym so he has access to the equipment. He does demonstrate new exercises. OMG, does he catch mistakes! I don't think he's paying attention but he does catch me using bad form. I think it's harder for him than in person but sure enough he sees what I'm doing and calls me on it.
Me too. My trainer will even tell me to move or to move my iPad and then shake his head.... "no you need to do this or that .............mine definitely catches mistakes with my form and we adjust. He was working from home but the last two months is in the gym so will get the equipment and demonstrate first.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Me too. My trainer will even tell me to move or to move my iPad and then shake his head.... "no you need to do this or that .............mine definitely catches mistakes with my form and we adjust. He was working from home but the last two months is in the gym so will get the equipment and demonstrate first.
In general or with TRX? I'm specifically thinking about TRX exercises, not a general workout that involves no equipment or other training aids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly