• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Triple ski tube

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I usually pack some clothing items in with my skis to take up the extra space( I either wrap up in plastic bags or use packing totes) ...has anyone ever packed their ski boots into the tube? Just curious ...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I would never, ever, never pack my boots in my ski bag. My boots always come on the plane with me, as a carry on. I could always rent skis if my bag didn't show up. But skiing in rental boots? Never.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. Last year my ski bag was lost for four days, so I speak from very recent experience. Renting skis to ski on was fine, but I wouldn't want to have rented boots.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I did! And the airline compensated me for it, too!

I also carry a day's worth of ski clothes in my boot bag, so if my luggage or skis don't show up, at least I have what I need to ski for a day.

mustski

Angel Diva
Agree with @ skidiva- boots ho on the plane whatever it takes! Everything else can be replaced without pain and lost ski time.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just don't set them down on a train while you get off and grab your big rolling duffel...... train @ Zurich Haupentof closed doors and took off for "wherever" and I had to rent boots for 5 days until "bag left on train" was returned.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just so you all know, I did not put my boots into the tube...I just wanted to see if anyone has in the past. Sport tube advertises snowboard + boots, so I was just curious...having 3 connecting flights was not fun carrying and stuffing boots under seats or over heads. thanks for everyone’s input
It’s a big NO NO :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna